1996 C3500 Crew Cab Dually

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RatPwrd72

Reaction score
Been busy with other things and forgot to document a couple of things here. The Blackbear tune has really improved the drive ability of the truck. That being said, I'm sending it back this week to get the speedometer recalibrated (there was a misunderstanding when I filled out the order sheet on tire size) and they didn't remove the speed limiter. Not a big deal, but if I need to go faster than 99 I'd like to be able to.

I checked the fuel mileage a few times right after I bought the truck and twice since the tune/exhaust changes. The conditions were duplicated the best I could and no other changes were made. Before the tune/exhaust my best ever was 10.8 mpg and twice now I've seen 12.6 mpg. This is 70-75 mph on the interstate, not pulling or hauling. I'm pleased with the increase but just as happy with the additional power and better drive ability for sure.

John B

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Very nice truck! I'll be following along for this one as well!

RatPwrd72

Reaction score
No real updates here, just been driving it and towing the race cars to the track. Mileage is still the same empty (12.5) and drops to about 10 mpg pulling my '72 chevy pickup on an open trailer. I'll get some pics of it loaded up and working, never fails someone asks if it's for sale at the gas pump.

RatPwrd72

Reaction score
Bought a new 24' enclosed trailer to haul my son's Jr. Dragster and golf cart to the races. Took a 650 mile round trip last week with the trailer and snapped this picture when we stopped for lunch. Truck did great pulling the trailer. Averaged 9 mpg on the trip. The last Dodge diesel with a 5.9 that I owned averaged only 10 mpg pulling the same kind of trailer, so I'm pleased. Got lots of thumbs up and the usual "is it for sale" at the gas pumps.

You must be registered for see images attach

skylark

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Bought a new 24' enclosed trailer to haul my son's Jr. Dragster and golf cart to the races. Took a 650 mile round trip last week with the trailer and snapped this picture when we stopped for lunch. Truck did great pulling the trailer. Averaged 9 mpg on the trip. The last Dodge diesel with a 5.9 that I owned averaged only 10 mpg pulling the same kind of trailer, so I'm pleased. Got lots of thumbs up and the usual "is it for sale" at the gas pumps.

That is a really clean set up.

Biggershaft96

Cant Getrite
Reaction score

That combo looks fkn amazing man. Your dually is gorgeous.

Edit: If it wasnt for the fact that there is 6 tires to replace when the time comes, you and 88gmctruck would have persuaded me into buying a dually with just your pictures..

Last edited:

Dyelon

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Nice dually. Now you have me wondering if I should send my flowmaster y pipe and cat back to summit and go for a BB Tune and long tube headers.:uhoh2: