1995 K2500 Suburban complete rebuild

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

shovelbill

Oh, the horror...
Reaction score
i'm digging the thread......though i'm getting dizzy from all the changes....LOL.

on CK5, an older forum i was on when i still had my '90.....a guy did a pretty stock 8.1 swap on his square 2500 pickup... and mannnn was that a great truck......he also did the NV4500......

i'm guessing you have 4.10's already, so this should really turn out fantastic for your needs...when everybody else finds out what yer ol' lady is driving, they'll want one too......LMAO.......cheers

4Birdman

Reaction score
Don't care that much about mileage, I know it is going to suck. The old 454 TBI was only getting 12 anyway.

I'm getting even dizzier from the changes too. LOL. Although I'm narrowing down on the final plan.

I am also going to sell the DMax wheels on it and buy some Soft 8s with rock rings on them. The truck is going to be all blacked out and olive drab, so it'll need some more utilitarian wheels.

My wife also had some good ideas since it'll be our camping rig. I am going to make a big safari rack on the roof with some lights on it, and make a removable rack as part of that that we can carry our canoes on. Then on the front I'm going to mount a trailer hitch so I can mount our bike rack on. This truck is going to look nuts with two canoes on top, 4 bikes in the front, and pulling a popup camper. LOL

98chevy2500SS

Specializes in Accessories 101
Reaction score
So here's the steaming turd pile engine donor. 330k miles but the engine runs strong as hell. Trans is shot and body is rusted to hell, but engine runs great!

You must be registered for see images attach
Just weird thinking that a Burb had that big 8.1 in there. o_O Nowadays you just think of a Burb as a half-ton, or at least I do. I always think its neat to see a 3/4 ton Burb, not too many around.

4Birdman

Reaction score
Been a while since I updated. I've since stripped out both donor trucks and have test fit things. The 8.1L fits in the truck with no problems, reused the 454 motor mounts and all. The big problem was the AC compressor hits the frame rail pretty hard, and in order to notch it you'd be cutting out a ton of important stuff including the front control arm mount. I just found a complete accessory setup off of a Kodiak truck, so that should fix the problem. You could always ditch the AC, but that isn't going to happen for me.

98chevy2500SS

Specializes in Accessories 101
Reaction score
Gotta have AC, wouldn't buy a truck or car without it.