1995 K2500 Suburban complete rebuild

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

4Birdman

Reaction score
I still see it up my way from time to time, still love the thing.

Also decided on an NV4500. Picking up a parts truck tomorrow that has an NV4500 in it so we have a plan now.

4Birdman

Reaction score
Got my NV4500 swap. For some reason a dude swapped an NV4500 in good shape into this massive turd and then sold it to me dirt cheap. And he threw in another OBS parts truck for free. Now just need to find some Vortec heads or a complete Vortec motor and I can start the transformation.

You must be registered for see images attach

4Birdman

Reaction score
Picked the color for the Burb. WW2 olive drab. Once I finish up the new storage area on my shop I am going to start tearing into the Burb.

You must be registered for see images attach

4Birdman

Reaction score
No pics of it yet, but I'm picking up a Vortec 454 from a friend of mine this week. Gonna make this thing a good towing rig if it breaks me.

4Birdman

Reaction score
So another plan change....I am hoping to pick up a complete Vortec truck here soon and am going to swap the entire Vortec intake and injection setup off of it onto my truck.

4Birdman

Reaction score
So it'll pretty much be a fresh vortec then? Vortec heads/intake/computer?

Yep, it'll be all of it. I was talking with a buddy of mine about whether it was worth it or if should just go buy a Vortec 454 Burb, but decided that if I'm building MY truck the way I want it, just stick with what I've got. I'll have a complete parts truck to swap everything over from. Plus I'll have the advantage of OBD2 without having to get an OBD2 inspection.

Christian Steffen

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yep, it'll be all of it. I was talking with a buddy of mine about whether it was worth it or if should just go buy a Vortec 454 Burb, but decided that if I'm building MY truck the way I want it, just stick with what I've got. I'll have a complete parts truck to swap everything over from. Plus I'll have the advantage of OBD2 without having to get an OBD2 inspection.

Sounds like a good plan. While you're at it, I would highly recommend getting a tuned computer from someone.

98chevy2500SS

Specializes in Accessories 101
Reaction score
Wow, the big old 8100, fricken huge! Those are great torque machines, but will suck fuel like crazy, lol. I would say go for it.