1994 Z71 Rebuild

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

lkfldredneck

HILLBILLY DELUXE!!!
Reaction score
Im going to continue my build on this Forum since id rather feedback and commenting. The starting of my build can be found at http://www.gmt400.com/forum/showthread.php?17639-1994-Z71-Rebuild-DD-Mud-truck!

If you're too lazy to look at it, heres a little recap.

I started out with this, a bone stock oil burning 94 Z71. and yes, a true Z71 if youre skeptic.

You must be registered for see images attach

We used it for our engine rebuilding business as the delivery truck, and when we got an 09 silverado, it was handed down to me. it had quite a few miles on it. well, km's. currently sits at 309 000. anyways, i got workin on it, did the front fenders, and replaced the hood. the cab corners need to be replaced which i havent gotten to yet. i did a bit on the interior, swapped it out from a newer truck and bedlinered the floor. all came out good. we have a new box from the newer truck that i got as a parts truck. ive cranked the torsion keys all the way, which is all im going to do. im waiting for my buddy to get new tires so i can buy his 33's and offsets. all i have to do is weld the cab corners on, get the heads rebuilt, and then the box on and paint. not too much, and i hope to have it done for the summer so i can do some muddin before shes on the road! it will hopefully be on the road by December 2013. Thats about all ive gotten done so far, again more detail in my old thread. Hope you enjoy it

lkfldredneck

HILLBILLY DELUXE!!!
Reaction score
As the first update on this, i got the heads bead blasted and all the threads chased. i polished the valves, and i just need some more guides to get it done. ive only got 2 from other rebuild projects, and i need 16 more.. hopefully to order some soon and have them done

lkfldredneck

HILLBILLY DELUXE!!!
Reaction score
Got some almost brand new tires today! 33X12.50 on 15s. mud grips too! they are awesome, gonna put em on tomorrow hopefully.

lkfldredneck

HILLBILLY DELUXE!!!
Reaction score
As i said, i was going to put the tires on today. and i did. they look absolutely amazing. Took me about 2 hours with a scissor jack, 1 jack stand and the breaker bar that comes with the truck. it started out good in the morning, got the 1 side done, but then the heat set it. it was 30 degrees, and thats celcius for you 'Muricans. i downed probably 3 bottles of water in 30 minutes. anyways, they look great. and heres a few pics.

Now this was the most surprising thing about them. i still have a bunch of space left! the stock tires where 31x10.5 and it looks like these were the stock tires. except the tread of course.

jdyates

Ghetto Racetruck
Reaction score
As i said, i was going to put the tires on today. and i did. they look absolutely amazing. Took me about 2 hours with a scissor jack, 1 jack stand and the breaker bar that comes with the truck. it started out good in the morning, got the 1 side done, but then the heat set it. it was 30 degrees, and thats celcius for you 'Muricans. i downed probably 3 bottles of water in 30 minutes. anyways, they look great. and heres a few pics.

Now this was the most surprising thing about them. i still have a bunch of space left! the stock tires where 31x10.5 and it looks like these were the stock tires. except the tread of course.

Im showing 86*F for that temp. As a texan, thats cute. Haha! Im used to 110*F weather without sweating a drop. Nice truck, though. Looks like a good project, and awesome tires!

Kyle97GMC

NO SIR IT'S NOT A CHEVY.
Reaction score
Im showing 86*F for that temp. As a texan, thats cute. Haha! Im used to 110*F weather without sweating a drop. Nice truck, though. Looks like a good project, and awesome tires!

Hahahaha same here 86 is a beautiful day! I would kill to have it that nice at all times. This 100+ gets old real fast! Nice truck though man! Those tires really set it off!

lkfldredneck

HILLBILLY DELUXE!!!
Reaction score
Hahahaha same here 86 is a beautiful day! I would kill to have it that nice at all times. This 100+ gets old real fast! Nice truck though man! Those tires really set it off!

As a canadian, you get used to different temps slowly. in the summer, this would be nothing. but since were just comin out of winter (-20*C) and lower, its hard to get used to the warmth. i love it though.

jdyates

Ghetto Racetruck
Reaction score
As a canadian, you get used to different temps slowly. in the summer, this would be nothing. but since were just comin out of winter (-20*C) and lower, its hard to get used to the warmth. i love it though.

Completely understandable. Our weather changes arent very severe compared to yours. Maybe ~40*F in the winter at the coldest. And the changes are veeeery slow. Usually hot day, warm day, fresh day, warm day, fresh day, cold day, warm day, and so on until its cold every day.

lkfldredneck

HILLBILLY DELUXE!!!
Reaction score
Completely understandable. Our weather changes arent very severe compared to yours. Maybe ~40*F in the winter at the coldest. And the changes are veeeery slow. Usually hot day, warm day, fresh day, warm day, fresh day, cold day, warm day, and so on until its cold every day.

yea, for us, yesterday was 10*C and today it went up 20 degrees. apparently we are in a record heat wave for the time our town or somethin.