1994 K3500 Diesel

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Guzzo

Reaction score
Hi folks! I just purchased a hauling rig and I thought it would be a good idea to join a forum related to it.
It has ~180,000 miles on it, is a bit beat up, but I got it for a good price and it drives mostly well.

My main plans are to switch to SRW (maybe), replace the iffy 4L80e with a NV4500, fix some body damage and do a low budget paint job, get the fuel tank issues sorted, and go throughout it making it into decent highway truck.

I have a good amount of experience with Cummins and the various Ford/International diesels, but this is the first time I've been around a 6.5 or 6.2, so I have some learning to do.

Anyway, here are some photos of it!

You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

Guzzo

Reaction score
Thanks! I'm in Sacramento area, and the truck will be used between here and Klamath area often.

Definitely a good truck, just needs some love. I'd like to start a build thread, but am unsure if street or off road would be appropriate. The truck is 4x4, and will be used on my land, but most of it's use will be highway. I'm planning to keep it stock height and work on aero, so I'm leaning street category.

GarrettGmc

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
So you'll be driving through my area, abt 15 mintues south of Redding. With no smog since it's a 94 that'll help with aftermarket parts but may have to buy them from out of state. My truck are more street but I have them in offroad thread. But you could just use this one as your build/maintenance thread.

I'd keep it as a dually instead of srw.

DerekTheGreat

Forum Regular
Reaction score
You guys calling that rough? LoL you haven't seen rough until you've seen what the average GMT400 looks like around Metro Detroit... I'd kill to have rust free bumpers & wheel lips haha

Guzzo

Reaction score
Right on, i try to buy expensive stuff in Oregon anyway, save on the tax. Not sure how strict this forum is on category but yes I suppose this thread could just keep growing.

Haha I'll admit we're spoiled on the west coast in regards to rust. This truck began life with a logging company in Hawaii so it has a bit more rust than the average California vehicle, but not like y'all get eastward.

Lanny

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Got the classic white paint peeling.
Add a coat of paint and polish up those wheels and itll be one nice looking rig.

GarrettGmc

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Somebody had some money to ship that thing back over. Yea just the typical sun baked paint. But I dnt see anything major