1994 K1500

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Erin

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Hey everyone. I joined this forum looking for information on transmission issues. I have owned my truck since 2010. Since then I have had a crate 350 TBI installed, the transmission rebuilt (both in 2012), had someone install an auxiliary fan, an external transmission cooler, along with some other tidbits. I had the truck painted this year. The truck has a 3 inch body lift with 33s. I paid nothing for my truck so all the money i have in it has been in upgrades or repairs.

Erin

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
what's the trans issue?
I just had a new torque converter installed & I think it's bad. The truck is sluggish on take off in 1st gear. It also surges in OD. There is a tapping or knocking coming from under the truck when I'm accelerating.

Erin

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Dang, now mine really looks like crap. Very nice! How difficult is the swap? How does the color match?
I paid a guy to swap it, and he had it back to me the same day. The color matches good.