1994 k1500 4.8l swap, need some help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jmac1994

Reaction score
I have a 1994 k1500 that currently has a 4.3l v6 in it, im planning on swapping in a 4.8l carbed motor that but my truck is 5 speed and I want to keep it that way, i've been doing lots of searching and can't seem to find what I need as far as clutch,flywheel,release bearing and pilot bearing, any help would be greatly appreciated. I also plan on using schonfeld headers for the swap.

jmac1994

Reaction score
yeah that helps a bit more, still unsure of what clutch is needed for my swap, some places say that you use the 06 4.8/6.0l flywheel and clutch and others say to us the clutch from 88-98 v8 truck, its very confusing, but I do appreciate your help very much, trying to get everything needed for the swap can be confusing at times,

95SUBURBANLM7

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I used the same clutch & flywheel that I had on my 5.7. I'm almost sure it's going to be the same for you. Give the clutch manufactures a dial.

jmac1994

Reaction score
did you use the same throw out bearing and pilot bearing as well? I have read different things, this is getting very confusing lol, most that I have read say that the crank on the 4.8l are .400 longer I think it is.