1994 k1500 350 swap has idle issues

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

94shortbed

Reaction score
ok. well i had swapped out the ecms when i bean doing the swap so the battery was unplugged when the ecm for the 350 was put in. does that count or should i unhook it again?

94shortbed

Reaction score
Ok update as of this morning. Last night I took out the fuse for the ecm. Put it back in and drove it around for a while and it ran and idled fine. This morning I go to start it and it started up and had a really low and rough idle. Then I turned it off and it won't start. Check engine light came on and its showing the IAC code and a fuel pump relay low voltage code. Any ideas?

Swims350

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
yea look up how to reset the IAC, then check grounds and hots for tightness and such.

could be loose wire, could be bad relay, tons of things, without tools to check these things and be sure it's just a guessing game.

My concern is it needed a chip made for the new cam. That was the first thing that came into my mind when you said it had a cam.

CTS will cause it to load up and be rich, mine won't start with the CTS unhooked. Maybe it's got something to do with it as well.

94shortbed

Reaction score
Ok thanks. The cam I'm not sure because when I called summit they said it would work fine with factory computer, Tbilisi and the valvetrain. Ill check for wires and such.