1994 Chevy C3500 Crew Cab Long Bed Build Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JScott23

8 Lug Expert
Reaction score
That looks like the grill on the Mexico version of a 400.

Yeah that's the only thing I don't like.... it doesn't look as factory(ish) as I'd like. Looked good on my 97 but that truck had color matching and other stuff going on.

You must be registered for see images attach

I'm afraid I'm going to have to decide between the GMC grille and my Chevrolet Tailgate banner... :/

BowtieBrody

Jesus Murphy!
Reaction score
Yeah that's the only thing I don't like.... it doesn't look as factory(ish) as I'd like. Looked good on my 97 but that truck had color matching and other stuff going on.

I'm afraid I'm going to have to decide between the GMC grille and my Chevrolet Tailgate banner... :/

GMC Grille with a black billet insert, no badge, Chevy tailgate banner.
That's what my winning combo is,

JScott23

8 Lug Expert
Reaction score
Added some more goodies from my parts pile from last week.

Chevrolet tailgate banner.... one of my favorite trim pieces for these trucks, especially on a red one.

Also threw my center console back in, had been running the last couple months without it, since that's where the dog normally sits.. Started to miss the extra storage, so I put it back in.

I've got that extra bench seat if I ever wanted to run double benches. And ether way, going to keep the extra seat(s) that I'm not using. Some of these OEM parts are getting harder and harder to find, especially in good condition. For that reason, If I come across more 88-94 burgundy seats that are in really good condition, i'll probably buy them.. All of my seats are pretty much in mint condition, but things can happen... So having spare parts never hurts.

And well, Now that my Chevrolet tailgate banner is on, the GMC grille is really out of place. However, figured I'd grab some pictures before changes are made

And since this is a GMT400 forum...

Found a gem of a truck here local. 97-00 K2500 Ext Cab Short Bed. Pretty clean for a Midwest truck. Don't get me wrong, I love my two crew cabs... but this is still one of my favorite trucks in the GMT400 platform. Victory red extended cab K2500's.

Seeing the 6 foot box makes me want to get my red truck of mine on that crew cab short bed 4WD frame..

Last edited:

BowtieBrody

Jesus Murphy!
Reaction score
I want that ECSB so bad.
I've already missed 2, one with a 454 and 144K, and another with 145K and a 350. All because my father didn't like one little issue or something that's easily fixed.
And remember, black billet insert on the GMC grille and Chevy banner = winning;

JScott23

8 Lug Expert
Reaction score
I want that ECSB so bad.
I've already missed 2, one with a 454 and 144K, and another with 145K and a 350. All because my father didn't like one little issue or something that's easily fixed.
And remember, black billet insert on the GMC grille and Chevy banner = winning;

Yeah... so I have a buddy who has a black grille insert i'll probably buy off him to run the unbranded GMC grille. I also traded him my 2K15 tow mirrors and a painted bumper for his GMT800 tow mirrors a chrome smoothie bumper so we'll have to meet up and swap some stuff here soon.

And yeah, I get that on missing out on trucks.. I've missed out on a few over the years for various reasons.. A lot of it depends what you pay.

I'd say 90% of these trucks aren't worth more than 5k. The other 5% are show and or rebuilt trucks that have been restored and had $$$$ dumped into them. The other 5% are really rare trucks that are in mint condition. (Ex: Mint 8 lug ext cab and crew cab short beds, clean crew cab duallys, and other things of that nature) I don't see how a lot of these guys are paying so much for these trucks now a days considering what they are.. I've seen countless RCLB K2500's for sale listed at $6k OBO, I don't get it....

I'd love to have an ECSB K2500 but It'd just be a daily, and I'd be at $3k tops for something like that unless it was mint like this one. lol

I have a buddy who has a ECSB K2500 roller, but it's rough and I need another project like I need a hole in my head.

Last edited:

drewcrew

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yeah... so I have a buddy who has a black grille insert i'll probably buy off him to run the unbranded GMC grille. I also traded him my 2K15 tow mirrors and a painted bumper for his GMT800 tow mirrors a chrome smoothie bumper so we'll have to meet up and swap some stuff here soon.

And yeah, I get that on missing out on trucks.. I've missed out on a few over the years for various reasons.. A lot of it depends what you pay.

I'd say 90% of these trucks aren't worth more than 5k. The other 5% are show and or rebuilt trucks that have been restored and had $$$$ dumped into them. The other 5% are really rare trucks that are in mint condition. (Ex: Mint 8 lug ext cab and crew cab short beds, clean crew cab duallys, and other things of that nature) I don't see how a lot of these guys are paying so much for these trucks now a days considering what they are.. I've seen countless RCLB K2500's for sale listed at $6k OBO, I don't get it....

I'd love to have an ECSB K2500 but It'd just be a daily, and I'd be at $3k tops for something like that unless it was mint like this one. lol

I have a buddy who has a ECSB K2500 roller, but it's rough and I need another project like I need a hole in my head.
Do you happen to know what years you could get a crew cab dually with a short bed? I think it was 1999-2000. Also, was it available with a four speed ? Thanks

BowtieBrody

Jesus Murphy!
Reaction score

I vote more holes in the head, lets more ideas for projects leak out, Cummins powered toy/tow rig, CCSB K3500 as a daily, ECSB K2500 project truck..........red and black of course, never really a fan of red trucks, but your old C2500 and this rig make me dig the simplicity of the color scheme,

JScott23

8 Lug Expert
Reaction score
Do you happen to know what years you could get a crew cab dually with a short bed? I think it was 1999-2000. Also, was it available with a four speed ? Thanks
You are correct.

The CCSB's came out in late 98 and were implemented in the 1999 model year through 2000.

by 4 speed if you mean 4 speed automatic than yes... there was not a 4 speed manual offered.

The 6.5 diesel was only available in the 1999 year. Generally speaking, despite the short production run, CCSB's are somewhat easy to find. The CCSB duallys are a little harder to find, and can get pricy. Particularly if you want a diesel one.

I'd love to know some production data on them, but unfortunately it's not worth the $$$ to find out. I do have a CCSB 6.5 CCSB Dually VIN though if someone wants to run it!

JScott23

8 Lug Expert
Reaction score
I vote more holes in the head, lets more ideas for projects leak out, Cummins powered toy/tow rig, CCSB K3500 as a daily, ECSB K2500 project truck..........red and black of course, never really a fan of red trucks, but your old C2500 and this rig make me dig the simplicity of the color scheme,

Okay, you're going to get me started and i'm bored so.....

DREAM TRUCKS:

DONE:

Red - 97 2500 Extended Cab Long Bed

- This truck was a dream of mine since i was a kid.
Red - 94 3500 Crew Cab Long Bed
- basically a mash up of my dads truck, and my original dream truck. Never knew i'd have a chance to own his 93 so this was my clone of it.
White - 93 3500 Crew Cab Long Bed
- Dads truck, never thought i'd have a chance to own it, but now that i do, figured i'd make it a tow rig by adding the cummins. Still practical to keep yet doesn't have to be daily driven.

LEFT TO DO:
Red K2500/K3500 Crew Cab Short Bed
(will begin building next year)
- Ovbiously my current red truck will become a CCSB here within the next year or two. This is my way to get a 4 wheel drive without having to sell my 377k mile truck and buy another truck. I only paid $250 for the frame, and paid $2500 for the truck, so this could be quite a bargain for a CCSB, plus it'll have the 6.5 and old style interior, something that was NOT a factory option.

Red K2500 Extended Cab Short Bed
The only one that has eluded me..... just like the one pictured earlier, i'd like a 96 with tan interior. I'm definitely a 88-94 interior guy, but i do like the 96 dash with the flat cupholders on the passenger side, and the 95+ interior definitely lets you more easily customize more things, particuarly radio, center console, etc. That and the vortec engines make it much nicer for a daily driver.

chevyman98

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Great progress, don't have that vinyl floor mat anymore by chance do you?