1993 Silverado 6.0/80e swap. What shift linkage?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bennett_dylan

Reaction score
I got a 93 Silverado. Swapped in a 6.0/4l80e. My truck is originally column shift with a rod. Trans I has is for cable. What is the cheapest/easiest way to make this work. I want to stay with column shift.
You must be registered for see images attach

Leeztruk

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Did you do the swap, and if so, do you still have the original transmission? If so, take the shift arm off of the original trans. and swap it for the arm that's on the 80E. Then you can use the original shift linkage from the trucks' column shifter. If you didn't do the swap yourself, then it's time to find a pick-n-pull in your area and do some searching. Also, you won't need the NSS still attached to your 80E. That is if your truck was originally an automatic truck to start with. I just did this swap, and it's pretty strait forward concerning the shift linkage. You may have to shorten the spring on the rod that goes from the frame to the trans.

Attachments

• DSCN0712.JPG
    DSCN0712.JPG
    303.1 KB · Views: 11
  • DSCN0714.JPG
    DSCN0714.JPG
    265.6 KB · Views: 9

GoToGuy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
That's what my first thought would be , as these trucks were sold with this transmission as standard. Stock parts, what's easier?