1993 extended cab interior conversion to 2006 extended cab

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Br1an

Reaction score
Hi all, this is my first post on here and I own a 1993 Chevy heavy half ton extended cab short bed and need some info. I want to swap the interior parts from the stuff in the truck to parts out of an 06 Half ton because I like the interior better on that year truck and was wondering if anyone has any info on how hard it is to do. I don't know about doing new door panels because of the different placement of the inside door handles and the lock switches and switches for the power windows and the piece that you can use to manually lock the door, don't know the name of the piece, but if it is possible I'd definitely like to do it. Anyway, thanks in advance.

Sent from my LGL52VL using Tapatalk

Luis Jimenez

Reaction score
As far as I know obs trucks are only compatible with interior from 95 to 99, I believe this is going to be really hard starting with the measures of all the trim interior pieces, you probably have to modify some of them to make them fit, also you probably have to make custom holes for all the screws, I believe it is almost imposible but you can try if you really have time and patience. Good luck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Br1an

Reaction score
K, I mean, all I have is time if I keep this truck, have my eye on an 06 cclb Duramax and I may buy it instead of ******* with it

Bob L

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Brian third post and your dropping the F bomb. I know there is no rule against it but really it is a family oriented site with high schoolers as members. I am not saying they don't hear it on a daily basis but I for one are bothered by people that feel it is acceptable in conversation with people you don't know. I would rather see adults set a better example. OK that said I am off my soap box and welcome to the site.

Br1an

Reaction score
Sorry about that, I've had a long day between my truck giving me issues and having to deal with my brother trying to get me to drive him back down to the other town just to get a gaming console from his "friend"

BowtieBrody

Jesus Murphy!
Reaction score
There's a article on an old D-max powered RCSS, and the builders of it put a GMT800 dash and seats into the GMT400 cab; I can't remember the name of the website, but they worked a ton with 6.5s and other GM diesels,

MedicAndRN

Reaction score
I've got a 92 Blazer and I have installed nice, comfy, powered leather seats from an 06 extended cab 2500. I did have to drill a few holes through the floor to get them bolted in. I also had to run power to the passenger side.
For me, the only drawback is not having much room between the seat and driver's side door to reach the seat controls. Honestly, I didn't think of it when determining exactly where to place the seat. I made sure the door would close, but didn't think of getting to the seat controls while the door was closed.
The benefits of having the newer, more comfortable seats far outweigh that drawback. I'm sure I could drill all new holes and move the seat towards the middle a half inch or so, but it isn't worth it to me.
The seat belts are built in to the 06 seats, so I removed the 92 mechanism.
When I bought the seats, the guy threw in the console as well. My old original one was torn up when I bought the truck, so I've actually got the 06 console sitting in there. I had to accommodate for the 4wd shifter, which I did partially by taking it out and turning it 180°.
I've still got to finish my wiring for the console and I'll also be fabricating something to bridge the gap between the console and the old dash. I plan to add a USB plug or two and a few switches when I figure out my final design.
I did not get the 06 door panels. I'm planning to make some custom panels.
I'm so glad I changed the seats and console, it is so much more comfortable!
Hope my experience helps out!

Br1an

Reaction score
Yeah, that helps a lot! I don't think I personally would do the leather seats but I haven't sat in a set of leather 06 seats that were in good condition, plus the AC on my truck doesn't work right now so it wouldn't be too pleasant during the summer.

So random question, I'm currently planning out a naturally aspirated 350 or 327 for a dune buggy and was wondering if other than weight savings is there any benefits to an Aluminum block? Or should I go with an iron block

michael hurd

Stalker be gone.
Reaction score
Yeah, that helps a lot! I don't think I personally would do the leather seats but I haven't sat in a set of leather 06 seats that were in good condition, plus the AC on my truck doesn't work right now so it wouldn't be too pleasant during the summer.

So random question, I'm currently planning out a naturally aspirated 350 or 327 for a dune buggy and was wondering if other than weight savings is there any benefits to an Aluminum block? Or should I go with an iron block

An iron block is going to be stronger, assuming similar castings. This is not a problem for most applications.

Br1an

Reaction score
K, I've changed my idea from a 350 to a 427 sbc and depending on how much power it puts down naturally aspirated I may put a Whipple multiport fuel injected supercharger manifold and a satin white supercharger