1993 Chevrolet C3500 Crew Cab Restoration/Cummins Build

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

whiplash473

Tyler
Reaction score
If it comes out half as good as you're planning, it'll be awesome. My jaw drops whenever I'm on the road and see a clean crew cab.

Sent from my bored/stroked iPhone 6S

JScott23

8 Lug Expert
Reaction score
Finally buttoning up the core support. I had to cut quite a bit out to mount that intercooler, so i figured i would weld in some flat stock for astethics and stability since quite a bit of metal came out.

You must be registered for see images attach

Found a good quality farm implement paint and hit the core support with a couple coats of gloss black... (that is dry btw) Really nice and glossy finish.

Still have a long way to go.. Planning to use my burnt up transmission for mockup, that way i can continue to make progress while i'm saving money. If i can figure out where this motor is going to sit, i can permanently mount the motor mount isolators and transmission crossmember then pull it all back out to paint the chassis. While i'm doing that, i'll replace all of the brake/fuel lines so i don't have to worry about any of those for quite some time...

Then just have to add some performance goodies and paint the engine before it all goes back in. :)

Last edited:

phule

Back in a 400 again
Reaction score
If theres was one person on this site that keeps pushing me to go. Love how you keep both your trucks going! I hope i can put as much time & work into my rig. Looking forward to seeing it done.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

JScott23

8 Lug Expert
Reaction score
So got the inner fenders mounted, had to modify the passenger side one to clear the innercooler piping. The drivers side fits without modification. Now i can get those painted. Not sure what i'm going to use, would like a gloss black on the engine bay side, and a very durable almost bedliner like black underneath.

Honestly everything works pretty well in there, lots of room to work. Only place it gets kind of hard to work is on the drivers side under the master cylinder. (OPS, Temp senders, throttle cable, cruise cable, and fuel lines go under there. Will replace the factory lift pump with something like an AirDog or FASS.

Still have to mount the transmission cooler, and AC condensor. Not going to be able to use the factory one, but i'm not too concerned about that. I've found some universal ones that should work fine and fit nicely. Got the bumper, filler piece, and grille back on so i can measure. Worst case scenario i switch to a diesel bumper and put the trans cooler there if there isn't enough room.

JScott23

8 Lug Expert
Reaction score
Decided to pull the motor to paint and clean up the engine bay. Without the transmission installed I had to constantly have the engine jacked up so it wouldn't tip backwards. Kind of a pain, and since the engine needs re-sealed and painted, figured I had done enough mock up and pulled it. Also going to do head studs, valve springs, and governor springs while the motor is out. Will get everything prepped and ready to go before I go back in with it one last time.

After I pulled the motor back out, I hit the engine bay and the inner fenders with more of that Farm Implement gloss black that I painted the core support with. Also painted the front portion of the frame with undercoating. Definitely makes the engine bay look much better.

Here's a pic of everything assembled.

Still need to mount my AC condenser. I've discovered the fittings on the condenser are a rather unusual size, so rather than trying to mess with that, I'm just going to make the condenser work with the factory hood latch.

Not sure whether or not I'm going to go with the body lift. Sure will help with bellhousing and downpipe clearance although its not 100% necessary. Found a picture on my computer that kinda gave me some extra inspiration... another CCLB cummins.

Last edited:

JScott23

8 Lug Expert
Reaction score
hahaha well 88 GMC truck sets the bar around here... I'm just trying to build something one of a kind, yet still practical, on a realistic budget. Lots of work to do, lots of body work and obviously getting the engine parts and put in. Most of the "conversion" stuff is done aside from the shortening of the driveshafts and extension of the shift linkage.