1993 Chev c1500 RCLB Sport/Truck 4.3L + NV3500 swapped

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gstubbz

Hi I'm Gavin and I have an OBSession
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

I'm pretty sure he rolled it when I looked at where he biffedthe ditch. Next time I drive by I'll take a pic. He blacked out right after hitting the deer and woke up a few minutes later on his side in the truck, it was still running he had to turn it off!

The sticker may have! From what he told me was he was doing about 55mph when he hit the deer.

This truck is so ******. The frame is bent in like 3 or four spots. The only thing that is worth pulling at this point are the seats, engine and trans, and the rear axle. It's done.

Sent from my iPhone 7 using Tapatalk Pro

gstubbz

Reaction score

It's kind of hard to explain, but he went off the road with the truck sideways and hit a drainage ditch that was like 4 feet below the road. I honestly believe he rolled it but it's so hard to try figuring out what happened.

GarrettGmc

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
**** man he's lucky has not to banged up. That truck some serious damage. Trucks can be replaced, life can't.

gstubbz

Reaction score
**** man he's lucky has not to banged up. That truck some serious damage. Trucks can be replaced, life can't.

No kidding! Sore and tired like I am myself. He doesn't want to drive my green truck in fear that he'll wreck another one of my trucks, but I told him if you need to drive it then do it. I have the dodge so it's not a big deal to me.

gstubbz

Reaction score

I think the seats are actually okay! The brackets on the drivers side are slightly bent but that's easy enough to fix. I'm spending my day pulling what I can that's in good shape. This poor truck, I had to use a chain and my green truck to pull the doors open.

gstubbz

Reaction score

Shockingly enough it has the same seats just in red already!

GarrettGmc

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Tell him to get some rest, isn't that the 2nd truck of yours? I'd feel bad to but things happen and can't beat himself up. I'm always seeing some crash site when I take 395, is that where he was?

gstubbz

Reaction score
Thank you! I'm still glad his injuries weren't any worse.

And he spent most of today sleeping, I'd be doing the same if I wasn't pulling parts. This was super close to 395 but on a side road that ran parallel to the highway. The highway was like 200 yards away on the left of where my hand is in the photo I posted earlier.

Also before I started pulling stuff, I made a quick walk around video showing the frame damage, trans crossmember damage, etc. Worth a watch if you're curious lol

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

I just need to make up my mind for what to do with the 4.3/5spd from this truck. It runs so so good. I don't see myself buying another c1500 this truck was just a one off deal. We'll see. Keep it around I guess!

Last edited: