1992 Chevy Project

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

1BAD10

Reaction score
As far as brakes, you don't have to spend thousands on the major name brands. If it's a driver and maybe even slight track, you can go with the slotted c1500 disks and pads with an upgraded c2500 caliper in which bolt right up, just a larger cylinder bore. As well as a larger master cylinder. I only did a caliper and m/c upgrade. It stops ten times better than before. I have not done my rears yet, but am leaning towards Impala SS rotors and caliper upgrade. Some other hardware is needed, but this mod will not brake the bank. Another good reason for this OEM upgrade of the front and rear brakes is that you can go to your local auto part store and get whatever you need and they should have it all in stock. Also, doing the front brake upgrade to the c2500 Will still clear your 15" stocks. Rear, don't know.

Engine wise, LS platform is a lot of bang for your buck. Drops right it with $100 custom motor mounts. You can mod LS harness and trim it down, not really that hard and save yourself $500-$1000 that you can add to the build. Wiring is not that intimating. You can find a 5.3 donor truck or SUV for under $1000 if you look hard enough. Donor is the best way to go. The nv3500 and nv4500 trans bolt up to the LS motors.

Wheels size, by far 20" is a good size. 18" in the front, you have to lower it more to fill in the gap. Hence you may have less clearance.

All these mods can be done rather inexpensively, but you got to hunt down and do the work yourself. Unless you have deep pockets, then you do whatever you want to do. Good luck

By the way, mine is simply lowered 2/4 on Camaro SS stocks....
You must be registered for see images attach

Sent from my R1 HD using Tapatalk
I think I want to go old school small block on this truck. Love the LS motors, but that's what everyone is doing. What size tires are on your truck if you don't mind me asking...

1BAD10

Reaction score
What's up guys?! Been a couple of weeks since I've posted anything but here's an update...My plan is to eventually put a conventional headed big inch small block (old school) in the truck but for now, I will run the factory 350. The exhaust had several leaks, so I decided to throw on a set of headers, Y-pipe and a single Flowmaster. Had an issue with the power steering bracket on the drivers side, so I decided to do a little trimming. Worked out fine. I have the drivers side installed and am working on getting the passenger side on. I also will do a complete tune up (plugs, wires, distributor cap, rotor button, etc..). I ordered and received them last night. I like them. I bought 20X10 with 5.5" backspace for the rear and 20X8.5 with 4.5" backspace for the front. Tires are 275/35/20 and 255/35/20. There is roughly 1/4 difference in height difference. I also decided to go with a 4/6 drop. I ordered a complete Belltech kit. Got a great deal too. The kit includes front spindles, springs and shocks and the rear has the c-notch/flip kit with rear shocks. I get some pictures soon and post. I've gotten some great feedback from you guys. Appreciated the help!

Ivan90

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Your truck looks great. I just rebuilt my front suspension and steering. Mine's a '93 K1500. I also bought a flowmaster kit and had it installed at a local muffler shop here in Jackson, now it sounds great. I'm from Madison MS just up the road. I'm also interested in what others say about rear brake conversion. Keep us posted, look forward to your pictures.