1991 RCLB Driver

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dylan1991_1500

Long Bed Owner
Reaction score
So I spent quite a few hours on this trying to get it right. Some of those bumper bracket bolts are near impossible to loosen up but I got it. Fine tuning and bending things takes time. I had the grille on and off a dozen times. Then I decided to go with the chrome grille. I am not a chrome guy but it seems to work with the new bumper. I had to modify the front plate bracket which turned out nicer than I thought it would.

Before:
You must be registered for see images attach

(Looks are not too great. Never liked where that light bar was but it was the best I could do in such short time. And you can tell there is something not right about the bumper. It's crooked.)

After:

I think this looks excellent! Now to get the rest of the truck up to *****.

Dylan1991_1500

Long Bed Owner
Reaction score
Ordered a new Interstate battery and new side post studs. Got the studs you can add accessories to with ring terminals. I am thinking tomorrow might be the first time the truck moves since last November. Can't wait!

Dylan1991_1500

Long Bed Owner
Reaction score
Next thing(s) I need to do is replace the intake manifold and the TBI with the one I rebuilt. While I am in there I am going to install the headers. This might all happen in May when I have a week off.

Dylan1991_1500

Long Bed Owner
Reaction score
Woke the truck up last night. Got home around midnight and went straight to work. Turned over and fired right up. So this morning I took it out to visit my friends hotrod/classis restoration shop which is about 25 miles away. Drove so nice. It has the best brake pedal in my fleet. The exhaust note is just boner city. The only thing I had to deal with, and I was aware of this, was a lot of trans fluid had leaked out over the last 5 months. I have the parts to fix this, I plan on doing it this year. So I had to add some trans fluid. I should be good as long as I stay on top of it. So right now I am really pleased. Just need to replace one light and get it inspected.

Last edited:

Dylan1991_1500

Long Bed Owner
Reaction score
So today the weather was pretty much perfect so I busted out the real toy, my first toy. Some of you might not want to see this but it's my thread so here it is. It's a very clean (not 100% perfectly restored) '95 D21 Hardbody that I have owned almost 10 years now. I bought it in 2008 from a guy who brought it up to NY from FL. I bought it using the money I had saved when I quit smoking in 2007. At first I wanted to fully restore it but then I got to hanging around an old hotrod guy who really put the spinner on my head. I like vintage racing a bit and began to want the truck to model/be inspired by those old SCCA Coors Challenge RaceTrucks. Not an exact copy, more inspired by than anything else. So over the years I have upgraded the suspension and brakes, did some body work and re-did the interior. I have run it in a few SCCA autocross events since 2013, it's never fast but it does put on a show.

There has been enough rain this week to wash away the road salt so today I fired it up since putting it away in storage since Oct 2016 and took it for a spin. It has never seen snow or salt and I aim to keep it that way. From there I took it on a 10 miles shake down cruise. Got on it a few times and took a curvy road a little ways from me. Then I pulled it back into the garage to wait for the next nice day I can drive it.