1991 RCLB Driver

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dylan1991_1500

Long Bed Owner
Reaction score
No new news really.

Got a different grille to go on. Tried my hand at tinting the turn signals. Turned out terrible. Looks good from 10 ft away but ass if you get any closer. Grille used to belong to JustinS.

You must be registered for see images attach

For now this is how it looks till I get off my lazy ass and do something.

Dylan1991_1500

Long Bed Owner
Reaction score
Nothing new to report. Been sitting since late November. Looking forward to driving it again.

I did buy a rusty 2001 Dodge Ram 1500 SLT 4wd from JustinS. Mechanically it is in nice shape. Body...not so much. It has a good running 318, shifts nice and is quiet. I have some plans for it including a flat bed. For now, and for a while, it's not going to be anything to look at. At least I can say I have a 'running' 4wd truck (my Nissan 4wd is still in pieces). Ugh, everything is a project LOL!

Dylan1991_1500

Long Bed Owner
Reaction score
Ok, so new grille won't fit without modifications. The used quads I got from the JY are not in the decent shape I thought they were, the adjusters are seized and a couple of them are stripped. The buckets are junk. I thought I could work around all that but not going to happen. I ended up putting the other black grille back on and this time I am pretty pleased with how it turned out. I blacked out the bowtie with gloss. The grille itself looks like a flat black so the turn out is killer. The pics don't do it justice. So this is the new look. I haven't decided on the headlights yet, I have a few other things I still need to buy before I get into this.

Added 5HP, not bad for an old rusty air cleaner lid that was dropped 3 times.
(Ignore the dryer sheets, mouse deterrent)

Dylan1991_1500

Long Bed Owner
Reaction score
So I can honestly testify that the 5.7L 350TBI has way more ass than the 5.2L 318 Magnum. 318 is so damn slow it's painful. Can't wait to have the Chev back on the road again soon.

Dylan1991_1500

Long Bed Owner
Reaction score
Scored a diesel bumper off CL. The guy threw in some good condition inner fenders with it. Very pleased right now.

Last edited:

Dylan1991_1500

Long Bed Owner
Reaction score
Better pic of the new bumper and inner fenders.

Dylan1991_1500

Long Bed Owner
Reaction score
Diesel bumper! Had to replace every bumper mount as they were tweeked. Still waiting on a few new bolts so this is a mock up for the moment. I do have the lower apron, I need a couple of those speed nuts and bolts before I can put that back on. Also moved the light bar below where the NY plate will be.

Also those headlights are newer ones that I got from JustinS.

In other news I installed the oil catch can.

Dylan1991_1500

Long Bed Owner
Reaction score
Oil catch can. Just need to make the hosing a little prettier.