1991 RCLB Driver

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dylan1991_1500

Long Bed Owner
Reaction score
People go back and forth about blocking the EGR. Mine hasn't worked since I bought the truck and it hasn't been an issue. I'm sure someone will throw data sheets in my face to the contrary.

Jrgunn5150

Enjoying tomorrow's success today
Reaction score
To all seven hells with the EGR!

Does blocking off the EGR give any gains in performance or better MPG ? I read on here someplace it wasn't a good idea. Causes some kind of problem. Thanks

See my quote above lol.

When data logging, I could see it opening under load, while in gear. So, like, going up a slight hill with the cruise set, it opened more to cool the charge and allow more timing, they say. I deleted mine and haven't had any higher knock counts than I had before. But, next time I take my TB off, I bet it doesn't look like my twenty year old charcoal grill.

Dylan1991_1500

Long Bed Owner
Reaction score
The machine shop called me yesterday, intake manifold is ready for pick up. So now without me being able to look at the truck can anyone tell me what size is the coolant hose going from the manifold to the firewall heater core connection? Anyone know?

DRAGGIN95

Warranty Killer!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Thread cleaned up, if it is not positive or helpful or positive then dost post it here, stop the drama and smack talk! This is your verbal warning.