1991, K2500, 45,000 original miles.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

98BlackSierra

Lifelong Chevy Owner
Reaction score
Looks gorgeous!! You can only dream of finding that clean of a truck around here.

Cdawg

Reaction score
Looks gorgeous!! You can only dream of finding that clean of a truck around here.
Thank-you! It helps that it spent the first 17 years of it's life stored indoors. They've been experimenting with salt around here lately, and it infuriates me. Fortunately I can limit the exposure, and they're currently only using it in very limited places.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

DerekTheGreat

Forum Regular
Reaction score
Krown T40 is your friend against salt. I'd much rather deal with oily/waxy fasteners than brittle, crusty ones along with weak fuel/brake lines, cab mounts ect ect...

Reaction score
I had looked at the Bilstein 4600 shocks for my '95 K2500 8600 GVW since I didn't know when the last shocks had been changed. Decided to go with a cheap set of Monroe shocks to see what difference I'd feel. The ride is so much improved that I wish I had gone ahead and installed the Bilstein shocks. I am sure these will do fine for now though.

Cdawg

Reaction score
Is the towing capacity for my truck going to be based on the Half-ton (5,000 lbs), or the 3/4 ton (7,500 lbs)?
According to my RPO codes, I have 3.73 gears.

How can I determine my towing capacity, as it might compare to a new truck?

Lanny

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
My suggestion for the headlights, get a buffer or someone who has a buffer and use a wool pad and some light compound on them. Spread it around and then go to down until the lenses are clear again. I did it to mine and the headlights got much brighter and looked brand new. If youre worried about your paint or chrome use some painters tape to cover them up

Beautiful truck!

Lanny

I'm Awesome
Reaction score

Nathaniel2g

Rusty Islander
Reaction score
I cross referenced that manual but it shows GVWR, which I know mine is 7,200, not towing capacity.

What's your GCWR? Your truck should be around 5200 lbs empty, so if you've got a 12k GCWR I believe that means you can tow 6800 lbs legally?

According to trailers.com, your towing capacity with a 5.7L is 8500 lbs.. That's probably for a reg cab long box though.

Cdawg

Reaction score
What's your GCWR? Your truck should be around 5200 lbs empty, so if you've got a 12k GCWR I believe that means you can tow 6800 lbs legally?
In 1991, Chevrolet did not publish a "Gross Combined Weight Rating" (GCWR), that's the crux of my question.