1991 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 4x4 5.7

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Juan Aguayo

Reaction score
I have a 91 Silverado that i stopped using a while ago because i couldnt figure out what was wrong with it. Everything was working fine till one day i changed the spark plugs and i connected the cables back and 2 of them were connected to the wrong one. and i used it like that without realizing it was wrong. I then changed them back to the way the are supposed to go. It now runs without a lot of power, and after a while of being on it starts to idle slow and misfires. What could be Wrong with it?

Gramps

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
First thing is to check your firing order. Again. Me I’d pull the wires off the plugs and start from #1 plug and wire. 1-8-4-3-6-5-7-2 is the firing order. Should be cast into the intake if it’s stock.

ram1220

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
In addition to the firing order check and make sure that the wires are securely snapped onto the plugs. I recently bought a set of AC Delco wires and I had a hell of a time getting them to snap onto the plugs as well as the distributor. I had to use much more force than I have with house brands. I finally got the wires on and the truck runs great.