1991 Chev K1500 ECSB 4.3/5spd Silverado

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gstubbz

Hi I'm Gavin and I have an OBSession
Reaction score
So uhhhhhh.......

It's been 4 days since the 93 was totaled, and a replacement truck has been purchased! Keep note that this is not a truck owned by me, rather Tyler but because of the significance he had with my 93 and since I'm around these trucks all the time I figured it deserved a build thread too. And I'll probably drive it every so often.

Well we know a guy who lives out in Doyle, who works at the Sierra Army Depot and he told us that a coworker has this chevy truck with a 4.3 in it that's been sitting for awhile. Didn't know any details about it rather than the 4.3, 5 speed, and being 4x4. We got the info of the owner and met him this evening. Funny enough one of my friend's dad brought up this same truck to me two years ago but I never pursued the idea. Kinda wish I did but at the same time it's good that we have it now!

Now this truck is a trip. Oddly optioned! The nickname for this truck was "Mystery" because we knew nothing, and on the way there I took a wild guess saying it's a 91 with blue interior. I was right on both counts.

We get there, to find out it is a 1991 ECSB 4x4 with a 4.3L TBI and a 5 speed 5LM60 manual, but it is decked out Silverado trim with AC, cloth interior, fancy radio, did have a bench seat in the front, but... has a factory tach needle cluster (which is apparently rare af in a 91). Has 243k on the clock.

It's problem apparently is it blows ECM fuses and that is the only reason it's sat for a few years. So we are hoping that we can figure out what it is, any ideas from anyone is appreciated. Body is fairly clean, needs a new grille but outside of that it's in good shape.

The old owner is even going to clean it out for us, Tyler ended up agreeing on $300 for this thing with the title and fortunately it's been on a non-op. Plan is to pick it up on Saturday. If Tyler wasn't interested I actually had cash in my pocket to buy it myself. This is just what popped up and seemed like a decent deal (on the inside I think it really needs a 350 after it's smogged).

So here's some pics!

You must be registered for see images attach

skylark

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Check the injector wiring. It gets pinched between the air filter and the throttle body.

GarrettGmc

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I knew it was only a matter of week or two before found a replacement.
300, damn that's cheap

gstubbz

Reaction score

Just got it out here! Even weirder as we were loading it, it has a 14b semi float. So oddly optioned lol

Sent from my iPhone 7 using Tapatalk Pro

GarrettGmc

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Well it needs a name an since its 4x4 it cnt be racetruck2.
That's weird, you sure it's factory or was it swapped in

gstubbz

Reaction score
We haven't come up with anything yet so the suggestions are open lol.

And it's factory! I looked up the rpo codes and it has 3.73s and the 14b is factory! 6600gvwr too so really weird.

GarrettGmc

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Well it's 4x4 an a 4.3 so I dnt got a name idea yet. What's the plans for it? Just get it up an running or doing any swappin?

gstubbz

Reaction score
Plans for now are just to get it running, it has a bunch of the air smog pump bs and the 93 had none of that! But he's pretty set on a 350 swap and I don't blame him. Side note, DST totally threw me off and the fact it's 7:30 right now is insane to me!

--

So it's blowing the fuse for A/B injectors, since we have been messing with it that fuse has not blown. Fuel is going up to the TBI but it seems like the injectors are not getting power so that's where we are at with it. I have to help a friend go pull parts from a vortec 454 suburban today then come back out here and hang out with the gf so we'll see how far I get with this!

GarrettGmc

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yea I'm glad dst was today thou, I would've woke up thinkin my kid was late for school.
Get it to pass smog then swap it. Did it end up snowing over there?