1990 c1500 project

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

alex_brun17

Reaction score
It's been alittle since I've touched it started late this evening. Got one header on and realized the bolts I bought where 1/4" to long. Of course I'm out of cut off wheels and most of my tools are packed already for the move. Well here are some pictures of a clean truck and I live in pa so it should be much worse

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

alex_brun17

Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

alex_brun17

Reaction score
Well I removed the passengers side accessory bracket and a stud snap off flush with the head just my luck. Hopefully tomorrow after work I can use a punch and get it out. Happy Father's Day to all the fathers out there!!

alex_brun17

Reaction score

Unfortunately packing consumes most of my time. Had an hour today did plugs gapped to 45 thousandths checked firing order and drivers side is done. Started working on this broken stud center punched it first then tried to work it out with a chisel no dice unfortunately.

alex_brun17

Reaction score
With sometime today. I am happy to report I removed the broken stud. Extremely happy I drilled threw the center of it as straight as possible. In hoping to relive the press on it. I got threw to the end and moved up to a bigger bit that was all, but the same size of the bolt slightly smaller to try and get it to bite and back out. After about 1hr of fighting and careful drilling I'm happy to report it worked and I only damaged a few threads at the beginning that cleaned up with a tap I tried to use a thread chaser but it didn't want to start.

The mess is present in the last picture but it was cleaned up and now I'm currently looking for a correct stud

Last edited:

alex_brun17

Reaction score

Done for the night pork butt is done on the smoker so dinner is served. I am more then pleased to stop here tonight!

alex_brun17

Reaction score
good job on that *****!. pork butt sounds damn good!!!
Much appreciated brings me back to reality with cars sometimes Haha. Where I work it's mostly just engines and transmissions in and out rebuilds or replace and I feel like a robot most of the time some are challenging but I haven't had to deal with a broken fastener in awhile was nice hahaha. Just was nice to have to fight with something. Porkbutt was good not the best I tried a different rub by BBQ pitboys it wasn't for me. Still very good! Some sauce and a cold one helped haha. Hope everyone had a good weekend!!

alex_brun17

Reaction score
It's been alittle bit! Well I move this Friday haven't had hardly anytime to work on the truck! But I did start on sliming the harness down in the engine bay. Besides that I have been tuning it adjusting the valves and dealing with setting timing.

The last photo is where I left off everything removed I wanted to remove and connected everything. I'm going to repin the connectors and make a harness that isn't horrible or but connected together but it runs and drives and until I have enough time to properly do it I won't touch it. But I see a ls1 swap and t56 near in the future.