1990 c1500 project

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

alex_brun17

Reaction score
First post about any of my projects. This is my 1990 c1500 truck it has a 327 with some engine work with a nv3500 transmission.
You must be registered for see images attach
working on tackling all the leaks haha. Rear diff cover was weeping. Resealed stopped that and the ring gear and pinion look good no uneven wear or chucks. Then in with some fresh gear oil hate the smell of the stuff haha. It is surprisingly clean under no rust and it looks like it has been coated with oil.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

alex_brun17

Reaction score
Yeah, that underside looks really clean.

Any pics of the truck?
I'll take a few soon haven't been home much lately. Moving to Virginia soon and trying to get parts together for it so it can either make the trip or go on a trailer.

alex_brun17

Reaction score
Try to avoid the mess packing getting ready to move.
You must be registered for see images

Truck needs a carb and I have long tubes to put on soon. Either it gets done before the move or when I'm settled in at the new place. I mostly started this to track the build and give me motivation. There is a lot wrong with the truck but it has no rust the paint was scuffed and rattle canned unfortunately. Engine is setup quite nice. Tomorrow hopefully going to tackle the lowering kit for the rear.

98BlackSierra

Lifelong Chevy Owner
Reaction score
Nah don't go through the trouble, I was just curious.

Looks like a fun project.

alex_brun17

Reaction score
Nah don't go through the trouble, I was just curious.

Looks like a fun project.
They had to be removed either way corbeau Baja rs. Is what came up when I looked up the part number. Not sure if that is correct or if the covers where changed. Thank you I hope it hope turns out alright.

Dgonz

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
They had to be removed either way corbeau Baja rs. Is what came up when I looked up the part number. Not sure if that is correct or if the covers where changed. Thank you I hope it hope turns out alright.

Corbeau is an expensive brand of seat. Good score on the truck !

Sent from my R1 HD using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DJost