1990-92 Z28 / Iroc-Z engine tranny swap into 90 Sierra 1500 XTC

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
i have been searching on this and most info i have found is just on swapping the intakes. i will give you some info. i have a 90 gmc sierra xtc 1500 with a 4.3 v6 tbi in it. it is on the 5th tranny and the motor is getting tired 275xxx miles on og engine and the og tranny gave out at 235xxx. now i want to take a 305 tpi or 350 tpi from a Z28 or Iroc-Z that is auto. what i need to know is what mods to the truck harness do i have to make for this to work, and any mods to the gage cluster? i know that the fuel pump will have to be changed. i dont know if the driveshaft will have to be modded. i would like to get this done in a day or 2 and do not want much for down time. thanks for the ideas

jcro61

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
This is a pretty easy swap into truck your age. I dont have the exact info on hand but it will be a nice lil street truck with a tpi350 in it.

Reaction score
yeah it was a seed my dad planted in my head and swap are not that hard i just want all the info before diving in head first. use to do alot of honda swaps in early to mid 2000's but have worked on alot of chevy's since 98.