1989 GMC K1500 z71 - Restoration

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rvc9285

Reaction score
Does anyone know where I could find "CLEAR" one piece front side markers to replace the stock "AMBER" ones? I have seen them on only one truck and have been searching for 5 months.

98BlackSierra

Lifelong Chevy Owner
Reaction score
I love how the frame turned out. Looks better than new. How many quarts did you go through?

rvc9285

Reaction score
2 quarts and 2 rattle cans of POR 15. Next step is to Line-X the bed with a clear cost to avoid turning gray and dull.

rvc9285

Reaction score
It has been awhile since my last post on the 89 GMC. I have been researching spray on bedliners; LineX, Rino, and finally decided to go with the Vortex product. See pics below.

You must be registered for see images attach

deejaaa

Became Less Of A Human 5-13-18
Reaction score
your truck has turned out better than new.
how does the AC system working? i looked it up for my 93, because we were just discussing it (wife and i), and it pretty much the same one you have. did you install it yourself?
did you paint yourself?

rvc9285

Reaction score
your truck has turned out better than new.
how does the AC system working? i looked it up for my 93, because we were just discussing it (wife and i), and it pretty much the same one you have. did you install it yourself?
did you paint yourself?

The AC system works great. It was an easy install (Classic Air was great to work with) but needed help with the two relays for the e-fans to come on by water temp and when I turn on the AC. I did not paint the truck. I did help strip it down to bar metal. My friend painted it...3 coats of primer, 3 coats of GM Indigo Blue and 4 coats of clear and a lot of wet sanding.

The next steps are:
- installed my cab height camper shell painted to match and fender flares
- install LED interior lights under bedrails
- undercoat the truck and fender wells
- tint door windows and camper shell windows
- install Power Stop (tow truck grade) rotors and brake pads on the front to help the poor braking with the truck
- install all stainless and braided brake lines
- install double din stereo
- Install new 200 AMP Alternator
- Replace all battery and body ground cables with 1/0 cables (I found a guy in Pittsburg at Carlyle last year to make battery and ground cables)
- custom 3" exhaust with 304 stainless steel