1989 Chevy K2500 ECLB 350/SM465 "CayenneCheyenne"

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

deejaaa

Became Less Of A Human 5-13-18
Reaction score
is your door sagging and dragging causing the issue? or one of the rods might need tweaking some.
weight is on our titles so no need to weight on new registration. only way to change that is going through the process of changing the title weights.

gstubbz

Hi I'm Gavin and I have an OBSession
Reaction score
I would've needed to have my truck weighted and inspected by a CHP inspector if I had wanted to register it in California. Found it up in Redding and brought it down to the Bay Area, but I don't remember the details anymore.... that was almost 6 years ago and the paperwork and truck are just sitting at my mom's house ha
You must be registered for see images attach

Redding is always super hot, I couldn't stand to live there without A/C! I haven't had to have a vehicle inspected by the CHP yet, and I'm hoping I never have to lol

And your truck looks good! I love those two tones, they fit right in driving through agricultural areas, or at least to me anyway!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

is your door sagging and dragging causing the issue? or one of the rods might need tweaking some.
weight is on our titles so no need to weight on new registration. only way to change that is going through the process of changing the title weights.

Yeah the bushings are ruined. Whenever I purchase a new door I'll replace the pins and roller at the same time. For some reason here you have to either weigh it if it's from out of state, but if it's currently registered in the same state and you transfer ownership it has the weight on the title as well.

gstubbz

Reaction score
Well we immediately put my truck to work, we loaded up three axles (there is another one hidden in the photo next to the stove on the right with no rims/tires mounted to it), and headed on out. I filled the truck up today to be prepared. The truck did great on the highway, it was super windy and the truck pulled through. Actually rides nice but the front end isn't perfect.

So I looked at my exhaust pipe and it was sagging, I knew the muffler had a hole but when I looked under the truck the entire pipe before the muffler was completely burned out. So I took the muffler off the hanger and now the truck is stupid loud and the exhaust ends just behind the cab. I like it, but in order to smog it I'll be installing a muffler. Downshifts sound amazing!!

While we were out there we also got Tyler's beater Mazda Ranger running so we decided to go out into the desert, had a few races (I won the first time he won the second time, whoever messed up one shift lost the race, ie. both of us), and had fun. My truck did excellent, except for hitting potholes with speed. My poor truck did not like it one bit, however it still drove the same way after that!

And then the fun part. We were almost back to the house and the battery slid over (it was tightened down extremely tight with the factory clamp) and shorted out on my hood. I was just about to pull into the driveway and I had all this smoke coming out under the hood and smoke coming from my steering column. Luckily when the truck immediately died I was able to pull into the driveway and figure out what happened to my truck.

Insulated the battery terminals so I'm hoping it doesn't happen again. I let the truck sit for half an hour or so, and it fired right on up (which was important because it was our ride home). I drove it quite a bit tonight, enough to burn half a tank of gas although the odometer and trip do not work, so who really knows how many miles I've put on the truck. I love driving it, it's loud and awesome. My arm is wore out from shifting into second gear, it is the only one that you really have to push into gear, all the other gears are good to go. Then I drove the dodge and surprisingly I didn't try to push an imaginary clutch pedal when I was driving that truck back home. But I must say, it's fun to have a manual, first vehicle I've owned with one!

Driving the truck to work tomorrow, should be fun!

cool_as_crap

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Thank you! Haven't even owned it a month and it's come a long way. Maybe because I'm young and dumb! Where in El Dorado county are you? I'm familiar with Grass Valley, Auburn, and Folsom although I know that's in Sac county.
Cameron Park, I'm slowly edging my way toward NV so maybe one day I can leave CA :D

gstubbz

Reaction score
Tyler's girlfriend took the video of us racing, so I uploaded it this morning. I really wish I owned a drone!

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

My windshield wipers suck so on my lunch break today I'll be picking up a new set. I love driving this truck through town and downshifting into third, everyone looks and hears a glorious 350!

SlowZ71

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thank you! I love the two tone colored trucks too, especially that brown and tan-ish color. Don't see something like that much anymore. I picked the truck up in Redding in Sept. of 2011 so it wasn't hot then. It's been sitting since then but it'll never leave my family again. It's the same truck my dad owned from July of '89 to roughly September of '98. I came home from the hospital in it in '92 and rode around in it as a kid

Morning after we brought her home

All washed up and grille and bumper reattached

Sorry for the thread jack haha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gstubbz

Reaction score
Well today is the one month anniversary of owning it (as well as 2,258 views on this thread!). So, here is the video with the final minute of it's life powered by the old engine on the night of January 7, with the carnage included!

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Haven't done anything to it yet today, but I did install the wipers yesterday. It's been driving super good and haven't had one problem since driving it back to Susanville. The reverse lights are burned out so those are on the list to replace. And for some reason the cargo lamp decided to work all of a sudden. Then my headliner started to sag again. As long as it isn't hanging on my head I can live with it for now.

Tyler took it on some dump runs today, and it did excellent! I drove it last night and burned almost half a tank of gas, and it was raining pretty hard but I still decided to take it down a dirt road that was extremely muddy. With my rear racing slicks in mud I was all over the road, but managed to make it to pavement in third gear and 4H. Certainly was not one of my good ideas.

gstubbz

Reaction score
Well that was a terrible idea... I got stuck and I couldn't even get myself out in 4 low.

Plan was to move Kyle's K5 using my truck since his has a blown 6.2, and I immediately sunk and had to use my Dodge to rescue myself. These racing slicks are terrible and the mud is worse.

I think before anything else I need some better tires. I am watching PY0 rims and tires pop up for $250 on average, and I like PY0s on these trucks so that will probably be what I do.