1989 Chevy K2500 ECLB 350/SM465 "CayenneCheyenne"

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gstubbz

Hi I'm Gavin and I have an OBSession
Reaction score
Went to the DMV today, total out the door was $267. So now at least I can drive it legally! I still need to smog it and weigh it and then I'll have plates. Weight fees are ridiculous, I can only imagine what a one ton is. My Ram is $270 yearly for a 3/4 ton.

We are taking Tyler's K10 out there tomorrow and will be driving the red truck back to town so I can drive it to work and use it to help Tyler move.

You must be registered for see images attach

gstubbz

Reaction score
Is that for your sales tax and for it to be plated?

Yeah! The sales tax was cheap only because I said I bought the truck for $200. When I give them the smog cert and weight cert they'll give me a plate.

Sent from my iPhone 7 using Tapatalk Pro

DaltonB98

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Damn, your guys sales tax is crazy. For my 4k car I payed like 260, and for my car I just bought for around 12k I believe is going to be around 600. I guess that is one good benefit of living in an area no one else wants to be lol

SlowZ71

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah! The sales tax was cheap only because I said I bought the truck for $200. When I give them the smog cert and weight cert they'll give me a plate.

Sent from my iPhone 7 using Tapatalk Pro

Was your truck previously a dismantled or junk titled truck? I had the same humongous stack of paperwork for my 88 Scottsdale and
I said screw it I'll just take it out to Utah. Will they give you a clean title or salvage title?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gstubbz

Reaction score
Damn, your guys sales tax is crazy. For my 4k car I payed like 260, and for my car I just bought for around 12k I believe is going to be around 600. I guess that is one good benefit of living in an area no one else wants to be lol

It's pretty gnarly! When I bought my Dodge I was lucky since it was currently registered, transfer fee was $20 with no sales tax or smog required. Anything else I buy is off the charts at DMV!

Ah the joys of CA registration! :fc5716bd:

Good work on the truck!
I wish I had your motivation

Thank you! Haven't even owned it a month and it's come a long way. Maybe because I'm young and dumb! Where in El Dorado county are you? I'm familiar with Grass Valley, Auburn, and Folsom although I know that's in Sac county.

Was your truck previously a dismantled or junk titled truck? I had the same humongous stack of paperwork for my 88 Scottsdale and
I said screw it I'll just take it out to Utah. Will they give you a clean title or salvage title?

Nope! Surprisingly it's a 100% clean title, and there are no accidents reported on the truck to my surprise. California is just expensive but I have to live with it, oh well! Once I bring in the two certs I'll have a proper Cali title and plates.

gstubbz

Reaction score
Did some things today, and took it on it's first test drive into Susanville.

We started out by loading up Tyler's truck with some parts to keep out in Doyle and some parts I wanted to install on my truck today. By the way, lifting a Turbo 400/NP203 combo into the back of a truck sucks.

We installed the front bumper, tow hooks, fixed the headliner so it didn't sag, replaced the burnt out brake light, messed with the door a bit, replaced the broken outer handle with another that wasn't broken, messed with it some more, and the door is still a pain to close. Now we can't even get the door open, so I had to jump in through the passenger side.

Tyler purchased a big ass wood stove so we picked it up in the red truck and used my cherry picker and the truck did fantastic. I drove it home and almost smoked the side of my sister's boyfriend's car because it was extremely icy and snowy. To my luck 4WD works excellent too.

SlowZ71

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nope! Surprisingly it's a 100% clean title, and there are no accidents reported on the truck to my surprise. California is just expensive but I have to live with it, oh well! Once I bring in the two certs I'll have a proper Cali title and plates.

I would've needed to have my truck weighted and inspected by a CHP inspector if I had wanted to register it in California. Found it up in Redding and brought it down to the Bay Area, but I don't remember the details anymore.... that was almost 6 years ago and the paperwork and truck are just sitting at my mom's house ha