1989 Chevy K2500 ECLB 350/SM465 "CayenneCheyenne"

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gstubbz

Hi I'm Gavin and I have an OBSession
Reaction score
Well I would have liked to pull the truck into the garage today and start preparing to remove the engine but other trucks were in there so I couldn't! Maybe next weekend I'll have a chance to.

So I decided to mount the bumper. Moving it and lifting it by myself totally sucked. I had to take the corner plastic trim pieces off so the bumper would mount up.

Either way it looks pretty good, will look even better when the truck is lifted, painted one color, and has the front bumper painted black!!

You must be registered for see images attach

gstubbz

Reaction score
I posted a photo of the truck on the 88-98 Facebook page and the guy (Kyle) who told me he had dibs on the bumper commented "Wtf?" so I laughed. Kyle sent me in a snapchat today that he is really pissed off at the Justin kid who sold me the bumper. With Justin it's whoever has cash first gets what they want :D Also showed my coworker the photo and he said I have what appears to be a wood truck with the multicolored doors and the gnarly front bumper. Thought that was worth sharing lol

When considering engine options, remember there is a cheap reman engine from summit.
$1400 delivered
https://www.summitracing.com/parts/...e-automotive&gclid=CImkidHiiNMCFUiIfgodpVgAvw

If I keep my k2500, this is probably what i'd get.

That's not actually a bad deal! I find it neat that they actually have those in stock for the Sparks Summit. Maybe one of these nights I'll be drinking and decide to click the buy it now option online. I have a problem with going on ebay and ordering **** I don't really need while drinking lol

bumper looks good on there. would look even better on mine.

Right! I love my gate slayer and so does everyone else :D

gstubbz

Reaction score
Okay. Time for an update on this damn thing.

Tyler managed to score some free parts from his boss, namely a 1979 K10 regular cab that is rotted to ****, a 250ci (4.1L) straight six with a SM465/205 attached, driveshafts, and 6 lug front and rear axles.

He only wants the transmission, transfer case, and driveshafts for his 84 K10, so that leaves me with the axles and the engine which Tyler gave me both since he has zero intentions on using them.

This means I'll have an axle to use to start on the SAS at some point, granted it's six lug but I'll have a roller to use until I get an eight lug front axle of some sort.

And, I found a solution to my engine deal. People are going to love it or hate it, but the straight six is going in the red truck. The only other six cylinders I've seen put into these trucks are the cummins, but I'm going to be a little bit different. There will be some cool factor to it however, I am going to turbo it. I like the fact it has a mechanical fuel pump as well, but if I go with some sort of EFI I'll keep it electric.

So what's next is disassembling the I6 and getting a parts list ready. It'll be torquey and especially with a turbo this thing (maybe sound like a cummins how the Jeep 4.0s sound like one with a turbo!) I imagine will be excellent on fuel and also have decent power. I've been doing more and more research on these tonight but I didn't pay enough attention to it in front of me so I'm hoping it doesn't have an integrated head/intake manifold. Next time I'm out there I'll take a better look.

I am genuinely excited to do this, I know I have some things to consider like the power steering bracket, motor mounts, etc. so we shall see. I'm just hoping it will be neat.

Opinions welcome if I'm crazy or not!

Last edited:

skylark

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The Mexican 400's still had an I6 in them. Not a crazy idea but I wouldn't be building a wheeler out of it due to a lack of low end torque for that heavy of a vehicle. I had a 80 c10 with the I6/465 and it was pretty sad.

98chevy2500SS

Specializes in Accessories 101
Reaction score
I am sorry, but my mouth dropped when you said you are going to put that puny 4.1 I6 in that heavy truck. o_O :doublepuke: :wtf2:

I hope you take that as none-offensive. :) Just playing around. :D I would rather put a I6 Cummins instead.

gstubbz

Reaction score
Okay time to update everyone!

I bought this truck for $400 tonight, 95 k1500 RCLB with a 350/4l60e. Cam and intake are coming out of the current red truck engine to go into the engine I'm pulling from this. May actually do it this weekend since I have Monday off as well.

I said last weekend "I think for the christmas truck I'll give it a new engine for Christmas", well Christmas came early for this thing!

So I'm excited to have red truck back in action alongside the sports truck. So don't worry it's not getting the straight six now :)