1500 Hydroboost Conversion Part Numbers

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

toomanyhobbies

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Hi,

I am in the middle of restoring a '98 2-door LT and I after doing a lot of research, I ordered parts for the hydro boost conversion, primarily using information I found here. However, some of the information in this thread is dated and incomplete and I am now somewhat stuck.

Main problem is the brake pedal. The LMC pedal in post #1 is NLA and I have ordered the following GM part number pedals, neither of which work.

15906966 (the pedal that came was for a manual truck and doesn't fit)
15906961 (doesn't fit)

I am now looking at drilling the hole higher on the existing pedal as there is some information online about the measurements. But if anyone has a part number for a pedal that fits it would be appreciated.

Second problem is the hydro boost output rod, and spring/retainer assembly. I found out the hard way that this does not come with the rebuilt units. I ordered a 52-7358 hydro boost and a 10-2754 master. After a lot of searching, I found this site where I can get the parts, http://www.tallonhydraulics.com/store/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=40_16 but after a call there I found out there is no "standard" length of rod and I will likely need to order more than one and cut to fit. Since most of the conversions that are written about include hydro units from a wrecker, this fact was not mentioned in the research I did.

Thanks for your help.

Cokeman95

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Hi,

I am in the middle of restoring a '98 2-door LT and I after doing a lot of research, I ordered parts for the hydro boost conversion, primarily using information I found here. However, some of the information in this thread is dated and incomplete and I am now somewhat stuck.

Main problem is the brake pedal. The LMC pedal in post #1 is NLA and I have ordered the following GM part number pedals, neither of which work.

15906966 (the pedal that came was for a manual truck and doesn't fit)
15906961 (doesn't fit)

I am now looking at drilling the hole higher on the existing pedal as there is some information online about the measurements. But if anyone has a part number for a pedal that fits it would be appreciated.

Second problem is the hydro boost output rod, and spring/retainer assembly. I found out the hard way that this does not come with the rebuilt units. I ordered a 52-7358 hydro boost and a 10-2754 master. After a lot of searching, I found this site where I can get the parts, http://www.tallonhydraulics.com/store/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=40_16 but after a call there I found out there is no "standard" length of rod and I will likely need to order more than one and cut to fit. Since most of the conversions that are written about include hydro units from a wrecker, this fact was not mentioned in the research I did.

Thanks for your help.
Here's my brake pedal pulled from a 3500 with hydro boost

You must be registered for see images attach

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

toomanyhobbies

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Thanks, I am off to the junk yard to find one, and may grab a hydro boost as well to get the pin, spring and retainer from if it's there.

toomanyhobbies

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I was really lucky and at the yard I found a 2500 Suburban with a hydro boost. I got it and the pedal. The pedal I got is P/N 15705038 which I expect to work. It was a total ***** to get the pedal out, which also is not mentioned on the various posts I have ready about this project. Took me like 4 hrs over 2 days and I had to take the steering column out of the truck, and a bunch of other stuff under the dash.

twt63

Reaction score
Hey I keep seeing this question asked so here's some help

These part numbers are from AutoZone:
3/8" Hose - 4 Feet
3/8" Brass T Fitting
Power Steering Fluid
Hydroboost Master Cylinder - NM3011 - $70
Brake Booster - 52-7358 - $200
Line 1 - 92007 - $31
Line 2 - 92004 - $23

From LMC Truck:
Brake Pedal w Pad - 35-3632 - $33

From Summit Racing:
Brake proportioning valve of your choice ~$75

Finish it off with 2500 front calipers and 1500 front pads with stainless lines front and rear.

twt63

Reaction score
Thanks for the info! Any suggestions on the rear for discs?

Tdean91491

Something about an OBS
Reaction score
What year model could I rob the master cylinder & booster from?

Joelvv

Reaction score
Whats the difference between the 92006 and the 92007 power steering hoses that people use on this swap, I have a 98 k1500 and I'm using the 52-7358 hydro unit
To my understanding, the difference is having EVO vs not. I believe 92006 will thread directly into the pump, whereas 92007 needs the EVO solenoid to work.

Wildblue19

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
FWIW here's a visual comparison of a HB pedal from a 93 (L) to a 97 (R). MC pin diameter and design is different but location from the pivot appears to be the same.