1500 Hydroboost Conversion Part Numbers

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bluex

Mall Crawlin' ****!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'll have to do more digging but if I have questions ill ask you lol. I understand the concept but don't know each piece involved and the vest route to go as to replacing it rebuilding components

I'm rebuilding my booster because it's leaking (I guess it's a nasty mess). I didn't get the master because I couldn't check it so to me it wasn't worth the gamble. Plus the yard pulls the covers off them to drain them an leaves them off, so then they fill up with water.

If you can test the master an it works good then get it. No need to rebuild the booster if it works good as well. I'm reusing the hoses I pulled cause they appear to be in good shape. I will check them over better before starting the swap though...

Mschaffer92

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
So shoot me but am I then allowed to remove the abs electronic unit as well? and unplugg the abs sensors in the front as well? I have read the thread from draggin but it really doesnt say. I am definatley interested in this, but not exactly sure and would to get info on it, before I dive in. Thanks in advance.

Palness

Reaction score
I have a question about braided stainless lines. I plan on doing hydroboost/2500 calipers/and front and rear stainless lines on my 1998 1500. Do I order the lines for the 1500 or 2500? I would assume for the 1500 but I just wanted to make sure, with the hydroboost not coming on 1500s and all.

Mschaffer92

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I know this probably doesnt belong here but. I wantes to do this conversion on my 97 ecsb but i also wanted to install a brake controller in my truck. Does anyone know if i will have problems with the install. And which brake controller would i need to buy. The only for my truck or the one for the year of parts i am buying.

Sent from fiberglass covered Galaxy S3

Reaction score
Hey Guys so if i purchase everything listed at the top of this forum will everything be direct bolt in and pretty much simple? Im sorry if this question was asked already. i read thru this whole thread and didnt find a exact answer. I have 96 suburban k1500.

usar17

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
bumping this thread for a personal question also:

What are the differences in the diameter of the Brake pedal's peg? I have a pedal from a HB truck, but the peg is too big for the brake switch. I have a 1994 truck. Do the '88-'94 pedals have a thinner peg to match the one on the vacuum pedal? or do I need a different brake switch?

TylerZ281500

Yukon Ridin High
Reaction score
you already have a propertion valve, hydroboost has no relevance as to how fluid is supplied to each wheel it applys to how its pressurized, its no longer vacuum its hydraulic