1500 heavy half 14 bolt Qs:

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

90halfton

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Going with a 4.10 setup from a 2500 2wd.

Found a steel wheel builder who can build the wheel i need so the 30 year old measurements from people who no longer own these trucks are not as critical.

For those of you interested in the build or learning more, ill do a build thread.

Sent from my SM-J700P using Tapatalk
Judging by your butt hurt snarkiness I'm assuming you took undue offense to what he said, don't think he was aiming that at you in particular.
But since your snowflake feelings were so damaged by it, maybe there's a safe space for you to avoid these unpleasantries, or a Prius forum or some ****. You ask questions on a public forum, then talk **** on someone with experience who was trying to help?

DeucesAllin

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
bwahaaahaaa.

Youd be wrong to assume. Thread is about the 14b sf. Ive posted way more data on the 14b sf than anyone else.

Wheel measurements are nice...but a derailment. OP suggests the thread is more about "saddles" and brackets and U joint conversions.

You got somethine 14b SF related to add-go for it.

Im building ****.

Last edited:

shovelbill

Oh, the horror...
Reaction score
i still want to know why GM would make 2 different rears for 4X and 2X. this is my first 400 and never heard of the different WMS/WMS difference betwixt the two.......on all my square 4X4's the front track was 2 1/2 inches wider than the rear......they made one size rear in those years.

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Go back to curing cancer or whatever other threads your infinite knowledge of 30 year old truck wheel measurements are needed in.

Take your ball.
Go home.

Dont **** up this thread.

Eat a dick, retard.

Richard

Blackwater

Engineering Geinus
Reaction score
I stripped it down to just housing stripped the paint. primed it, flat black enamel x4 then clear coat gloss x2 and rubber paint on the areas where the springs meet and the U bolts touch to reduce wear and rust. After I did the swap I realized I need to replace the rubbers on the springs. More torque on that axle and it walks a little. I have the donor trucks springs. I thought about putting them on to help reduce axle wrap when I start smoking then in second.

Reaction score
Hey Guys, Went through a ton of searches and forums but just want to confirm. My 1998 K1500 4x4 Ext Cab has the 10 Bolt. Going to install a trans cooler and wire it for the trailering of a 70 Velle and 18' steel trailer with a wood deck. Anyway, I have the ability to buy a $500 98 RC LB 2500 Silverado WT 5.7L (INOP) originally for the dash but realized it had a SF 14 Bolt....question....easy swap for the rear end? Thanks In Advance!

Nathaniel2g

Rusty Islander
Reaction score
Hey Guys, Went through a ton of searches and forums but just want to confirm. My 1998 K1500 4x4 Ext Cab has the 10 Bolt. Going to install a trans cooler and wire it for the trailering of a 70 Velle and 18' steel trailer with a wood deck. Anyway, I have the ability to buy a $500 98 RC LB 2500 Silverado WT 5.7L (INOP) originally for the dash but realized it had a SF 14 Bolt....question....easy swap for the rear end? Thanks In Advance!

Should be, yes. Is the 2500 a 6 lug or 8 lug?