14b sf 6 lug wheel size.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JLG88

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
im getting ready to buy a new rear end for my project and had a couple questions. I know the 14 bolt is stronger, and that the 10 bolt doesn’t do good against 35” tires but what size wheel can I run on a 6 lug 14 sf rear end?

I’m currently have 15x10’s with 33x 12.5r15 and will be going to a 35” tall tire. Will I need to go to a bigger size rim?

Also as far as brakes are concerned, I know I need to run disc brakes but I want to run 15” wheels. Is this possible? I’ve already designed brackets to use on the factory 10 bolt and a 12 bolt from square body to keep 15” wheels but I wasn’t sure about the 14b sf.

The truck is a 93 Chevy c1500 that I’m converting to 4wd and swapped in a Dana 44 front axle with np208 transfer case. I used ORD shackle flip kits in the rear and ORD brake lines and front conversion brackets.

You must be registered for see images attach

someotherguy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Barring any weirdness I haven't seen yet, your 15's should fit on the 14 bolt SF. They do have some pretty large brake drums but not anything that will challenge the wheel.

Wheel designs vary, so if you're worried and want to check before buying the 14 bolt...if you have access to that rear end, obviously just take one of your wheels and try it out. If you don't have access to it, go to the parts house and have them pull a drum for that application and throw it inside your wheel.

Richard