14 bolt in 98 2 door Tahoe

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Ok fellas, I'm having a hard time finding a 14 bolt SF to put in my Z71 hoe. I can find plenty of FF axles and 2 wheel drive SF but as you know, they're too narrow.

My question is, are there any NBS 14 bolts that will be the right width? I know the spring perches and shock mounts will need to be repositioned as well as reconfigured brakes for discs, but disc brakes would be badass to have, not to mention lower miles on the donor axle.

Any info is appreciated!

Reaction score
Any help guys?

I did some rough measuring, but it looks like NBS wms measurements are about 68 1/2"? Which would be about an inch wider than my 4x4 10 bolt that I'm replacing at 67 1/2".... Has anybody here done this swap? I've tried searching the site to no avail.

BeatUp98

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm not 100% but I believe the Cadillac and SS Silverado that are awd have the appropriate sized rear end that is 6 lug and 14 bolt. Vortec max trucks might also work. I know guys throw the obs 14 bolts under nbs trucks so length wise you should be fine throwing a nbs 14 bolt under a obs. Brake wise I do not know what all is needed to make the disc's work.

jonnyukon

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Hey I'm in the same boat trying to find a narrow 14bolt swap for my 95 2dr. Any new info?