12200411 PCM swap for 1996 to 2000 GMT400 trucks

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Alan M

Reaction score
Hello, my name is Alan and I'm fairly new to this site and there is a ton of great info on here. I was wondering if anyone has a pin sheet for a 411 swap on a 1998 Chevy Tahoe 5.7 4L60E 2wd 2dr. Thank you guys in advance for your time and any help with this. Email - [email protected]

Melvin Sheik

Reaction score
Since we have a new 96 up Vortec subsection, I thought I would make a new post.

The 12200411 PCM can be installed into the 96 to 2000 GMT400 trucks simply by repining the PCM connector terminals. The wiring is slightly different between the 96, 97, and 98 to 2000 trucks. The 0411 PCM has a much faster processor than the Black Box PCM and has dual timing tables. There is also more support from the tuning software companies for the 0411. EFILive and HPTuners both offer "Custom Operating Systems" for the 0411 to support boost and or nitrous. The swap can be completed in about 2 1/2 hrs and is fairly easy to do. If anyone is interested in the swap just PM me your e-mail address and I will send you a copy. I will not post the files to the web.

Jeff
new to the form. I sure could use the files needed to swap hte wires to the 411 pcm

The 12200411 PCM can be installed into the 96 to 2000 GMT400 trucks simply by repining the PCM connector terminals. The wiring is slightly different between the 96, 97, and 98 to 2000 trucks. The 0411 PCM has a much faster processor than the Black Box PCM and has dual timing tables. There is also more support from the tuning software companies for the 0411. EFILive and HPTuners both offer "Custom Operating Systems" for the 0411 to support boost and or nitrous. The swap can be completed in about 2 1/2 hrs and is fairly easy to do. If anyone is interested in the swap just PM me your e-mail address and I will send you a copy. I will not post the files to the web.

Jeff
new to the form. I could use the files that would help swapping wires to the 411 pcm. [email protected] many thanks

Melvin Sheik

Reaction score

Jeff
New to the form am needing a spread sheet for a 965.7 4l60e vortec to the 411pcm. from black box to 411 connector. many thanks Melvin

Spode

Reaction score
Does anyone have a good way to get ahold of lextech? Tried reaching out to him twice, but his bio says he hasn't been on forum since July. If someone could pm me his email, or if anyone else has reliable repin spreadsheets

Alan M

Reaction score
Does anyone have a good way to get ahold of lextech? Tried reaching out to him twice, but his bio says he hasn't been on forum since July. If someone could pm me his email, or if anyone else has reliable repin spreadsheets
With all the people Lextech has helped through the years there has to be someone who can step up and keep helping people with this issue, I've read a lot of form on different pages and he has put a ton of time in helping a ton of people he didn't even know. More than most would ever do, and we can't just expect one person to keep being bombarded with so many requests. Does anyone still have a newer pin out to keep the tradition alive ? If someone can get me one I'll keep helping other people along the way, there has to be someone or a couple of you on here that Lex has helped that you can pay it forward. Come on guys

AK49BWL

GMT400 Forever!
Reaction score
I'm sure I could make one for the 98 by matching PCM pinouts from wiring diagrams, but right now all I have is one I remade for my 97. I don't think they're the same between 97 to 98+. Or the 96 for that matter.

Alan M

Reaction score
I'm sure I could make one for the 98 by matching PCM pinouts from wiring diagrams, but right now all I have is one I remade for my 97. I don't think they're the same between 97 to 98+. Or the 96 for that matter.
That is correct, 98+ was different. I down loaded both pin out sheets from all data pro and am working on it between work, 3 kids soccer teams and a softball team, I'll get it but was just thinking since it's been an on going thing that has been worked on for so long there would be one out there that doesn't need to go on the Web but can stay in the community. Good things don't come easy lol. Thank you sir for your time in this matter, I really do appreciate it.

Spode

Reaction score
M
That is correct, 98+ was different. I down loaded both pin out sheets from all data pro and am working on it between work, 3 kids soccer teams and a softball team, I'll get it but was just thinking since it's been an on going thing that has been worked on for so long there would be one out there that doesn't need to go on the Web but can stay in the community. Good things don't come easy lol. Thank you sir for your time in this matter, I really do appreciate it.

Mind sharing your 97 info? Trying to amber this started on my 97 z71

zomeizter

Reaction score
Jeff, the '02 0411, 5.3L and IPC into my 99 Denali L31 is well underway but I have questions:
On your instructions you say to omit/not use C1-59 YEL 710 Serial Data to BCM. If I go this route, will something not work correctly? Can I connect this circuit to Class 2 Serial Data on the DLC, BCM or IPC? Please advise...

Well I finally completed the swap and can answer my own question: C1-59 Yellow wire gets omitted because my 99 BCM has no Class 2 serial data input from the PCM in its original configuration, and I was able to successfully swap in an 02 instrument cluster without too much difficulty, hope this helps someone...

Gonzo406

Reaction score
+1 on sharing the love! I've also requested the pinout from lextech but I guess over 5 years of providing this info to countless others has taken its toll. It would be awesome if anyone can help me out with the spreadsheet for my truck, it's a 97 C1500 Silverado 5.7 4L60E