12200411 PCM swap for 1996 to 2000 GMT400 trucks

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AK49BWL

GMT400 Forever!
Reaction score
what is puzzling to me is I have a 1996 Chevy 4x4 4.3 v6 and I had a 97 5.7 with wiring harness and computer put it all in my truck and had no fire to the plugs but had fire to the distributor from the coil.
You may need to replace the distributor cap, those things LOVE to go bad.

Reaction score
Since we have a new 96 up Vortec subsection, I thought I would make a new post.

The 12200411 PCM can be installed into the 96 to 2000 GMT400 trucks simply by repining the PCM connector terminals. The wiring is slightly different between the 96, 97, and 98 to 2000 trucks. The 0411 PCM has a much faster processor than the Black Box PCM and has dual timing tables. There is also more support from the tuning software companies for the 0411. EFILive and HPTuners both offer "Custom Operating Systems" for the 0411 to support boost and or nitrous. The swap can be completed in about 2 1/2 hrs and is fairly easy to do. If anyone is interested in the swap just PM me your e-mail address and I will send you a copy. I will not post the files to the web.

Jeff
I have a 2000 model crew cab with the 454 4l80e four-wheel drive that I'm about to rebuild and put a cam in and go through the complete motor so it'll be kind of stock but not a hundred percent I'm wanting to know if this it would be a good option to do to my motor as far as being able to tune it and if it's going to be worth the labor and the pain of doing it. The pros and cons of doing it and what vehicle dose the 411 need to come out of or I'd it matters and if a repining sheet is something you could offer it would be great help

Reaction score

The 12200411 PCM can be installed into the 96 to 2000 GMT400 trucks simply by repining the PCM connector terminals. The wiring is slightly different between the 96, 97, and 98 to 2000 trucks. The 0411 PCM has a much faster processor than the Black Box PCM and has dual timing tables. There is also more support from the tuning software companies for the 0411. EFILive and HPTuners both offer "Custom Operating Systems" for the 0411 to support boost and or nitrous. The swap can be completed in about 2 1/2 hrs and is fairly easy to do. If anyone is interested in the swap just PM me your e-mail address and I will send you a copy. I will not post the files to the web.

Jeff

Reaction score
What is the best vehicle to get a 411 out of or dose it matter I have a 2000 crew cab with 454 4l80e 4x4 that is getting head work a cam and a complete freshening up in the bottom end and was wanting to know if this would be a good ideas far as tune capability and for being up for towing and reliability and a pinning sheet would be great

Reaction score

Jeff

Jeff

I'm very interested in the upgrade. I have a 97 gmc truck 4x4 . Could you send me the info on pinning the 0411. I have the same questions as most i figure but what is the best vehicle to ge the pcm out of? Or can you just buy one offline at a parts store
Email [email protected]

Last edited: