12200411 PCM swap for 1996 to 2000 GMT400 trucks

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tsmith

Reaction score
Lextech, can I please get a pinout for 411 swap I just sent you a pm Thank you Sir!

Bbeck17

Reaction score
Hey guys I'm new to the page. Recently built a new motor for the truck and decided it was finally time to do the 0411 upgrade. After nights of figuring out why it wouldn't run I targeted it down to the cam sensor. As soon as I unplugged the cam sensor on the distributor it fired right up and runs like a dream.. so I got a new distributor and cam sensor figuring that was the issue. Still same thing. It wants to run when it's plugged in but it just won't. I checked power and ground to the cam sensor wire and it's good...as well as did a ohm reading from ecu to dist for the signal wire and I got a .2ohm reading which I'm assuming it's okay.. I've checked the pinout from lextech time and time again and the wires are properly pinned according to my pinout..I'm at a loss of what to do now hopefully you guys can chime in so I can get this beast going thanks alot

You must be registered for see images attach

Reaction score
I would double check your distributor/cam sensor timing. If it runs without the cam sensor plugged in I would think the distributor isn't timed correctly.

Last edited:

Bbeck17

Reaction score
I have checked multiple times tried moving it a tooth ahead. A tooth back. I was hoping the new cam sensor would help but still nothing..

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Not really a 411 question, just an observation...

also the upper RPM limiter of 5800RPM that is hardwired into the blackbox (regardless of tuning) can be surpassed with the 411...

My red truck is a '97 4.3L V6 with the factory black box PCM, tuned by Black Bear Performance. I've seen a few people mention this 5800RPM limit of the black box, but my truck WOT shifts at around 6K, verified with an OBD2 bluetooth adapter and Torque.

I have no explanation for this, but if anyone else does I'd love to hear it.

Kirmetoads94

Reaction score
Not really a 411 question, just an observation...

My red truck is a '97 4.3L V6 with the factory black box PCM, tuned by Black Bear Performance. I've seen a few people mention this 5800RPM limit of the black box, but my truck WOT shifts at around 6K, verified with an OBD2 bluetooth adapter and Torque.

I have no explanation for this, but if anyone else does I'd love to hear it.

Commanded shift points and actual shift points are always different. I tuned my Grand prix myself and have the shift points @ 5800rpm and it really shifts at 6100rpm.

TinyTank

Reaction score
Lextech,

Sent you a pm for pinout for 1999 tahoe LT 4wd.
Or at least I think I did, the message/conversation interface kinda confused me.
Email: [email protected]

Best

-Aaron