12200411 PCM swap for 1996 to 2000 GMT400 trucks

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

udownwitkj

Reaction score
i think i sent you a message but i'm not 100% sure. ii know how to surf this site but the messaging part of it is kind of weird. lol. looking for the wiring info.

1997 Suburban
454 Vortec
4L80e trans
VIN: 1GKGC26J3VJ714406
[email protected]

THANK YOU IN ADVANCE!!! Merry Christmas!

Alonso

Reaction score
Since we have a new 96 up Vortec subsection, I thought I would make a new post.

The 12200411 PCM can be installed into the 96 to 2000 GMT400 trucks simply by repining the PCM connector terminals. The wiring is slightly different between the 96, 97, and 98 to 2000 trucks. The 0411 PCM has a much faster processor than the Black Box PCM and has dual timing tables. There is also more support from the tuning software companies for the 0411. EFILive and HPTuners both offer "Custom Operating Systems" for the 0411 to support boost and or nitrous. The swap can be completed in about 2 1/2 hrs and is fairly easy to do. If anyone is interested in the swap just PM me your e-mail address and I will send you a copy. I will not post the files to the web.

Jeff
Does repining vortec truck harness terminals into 0411 c1 & c2 work with an Ls motor?? Do you just change the ls connector pigtails?

962drhoe

Reaction score
Since we have a new 96 up Vortec subsection, I thought I would make a new post.

The 12200411 PCM can be installed into the 96 to 2000 GMT400 trucks simply by repining the PCM connector terminals. The wiring is slightly different between the 96, 97, and 98 to 2000 trucks. The 0411 PCM has a much faster processor than the Black Box PCM and has dual timing tables. There is also more support from the tuning software companies for the 0411. EFILive and HPTuners both offer "Custom Operating Systems" for the 0411 to support boost and or nitrous. The swap can be completed in about 2 1/2 hrs and is fairly easy to do. If anyone is interested in the swap just PM me your e-mail address and I will send you a copy. I will not post the files to the web.

Jeff

Hey Lextech, could I get the Pinout for the blckbox to 411 pcm swap for
1996 Tahoe
5.7 vortec
Brand new crate motor (all stock)
4wd
Email- [email protected]

Mrich0908

Pshhhhttttt!
Reaction score
962DrHoe, E-Mail sent

Jeff or any one
Have you used HPtuners with after doing a coil over plug swap , Used the Cam offset PID to set your cam sensor.

Tech support @ HP tuners is telling me once you go COP you cant see the cam offset Pid . I find it hard to believe the ecm knows the difference between you adding those 10 extra wires for the coils or using a distributor cap.

Last edited:

AK49BWL

GMT400 Forever!
Reaction score
Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't the camshaft position sensor on the distributor housing? So when you go COP, the distributor gets removed, so the CPS is no longer available, unless you leave the housing back there, in which case the PID should still be available to log (it is on my HPTuners but I don't know what to do with it lol - but I'm also not COP).