11 grand...seriously?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mean Green

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
If that was truly Audi paint, hed be in a few thousand just for the paint alone. Not a bad truck......maybe $6-7.

If he used ANY good quality paint he would be in it a few grand for materials alone, paint keeps going up and up these days.

92GMC

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
thats why i use shop line paint. about $300 total for all the materials to paint a full size truck

Mean Green

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The only paint we use on quality jobs is PPG Deltron, the base alone for my 94' (Aqua Green Metallic) is like $950, MY cost (and that's with OEM/Fleet rate). I personally have never used the shop line, is it any good? Comparable?

MOBS

The Mad Scientist
Reaction score
Hell I don't know WHAT paint they used....but a custom shop here locally gave me receipts showing the paint for my 1970 Opel GT cost $3700 and $2200 labor. That was them doing the job in their spare time, that was my ONE and ONLY time to ever get a performance shop to paint anything for me, I'll go back to choking on paint spray my own damn self and save those thousands. Heck I'd rather waste it in gas than pay some people to sit around for 7months tinkering.