1 ton tie rod ends

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ffrh911

Reaction score
I already searched this forum and didnt find anything and nothing much in Google, but I was told by a few people that you can upgrade the tie rod ends to the 1 ton version?
I already have the reamer tool and found the rod ends that would work right but after looking it doesnt seem like anyone does this with the gmt 400.

Is it worth it?
98 k2500 has 7 inch lift on giant boggers and want to make sure it will hold up.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Big D

Atoadaso I f*kn Atoadaso
Reaction score
Almost positive the Tie Rods are exactly the same.

Ffrh911

Reaction score
The 1 ton tie rods are definitely a lot bigger you just have to open the holes on the hub and centerlink for them to fit.
I see those from ffr fabrication don't have any warranty at all which is somewhat surprising.
Part numbers for what I was looking at is es20206r and es20207L.

I greatly appreciate your help!

Big D

Atoadaso I f*kn Atoadaso
Reaction score
is that Tie Rod Part number for a square-body? The tie rods on these trucks from 1/2 ton to 1 ton are exactly the same.... at least thats what rock auto and my personal experience show, as I own a 1 ton and a 1/2 ton.

that guy doesn't offer a warranty, because people put those tie rods on there truck and race them in the desert and launch em off of jumps or roll em and bend the **** out of the tie rods, and then they expect him to make another set...

Either way, heim joints are the way to go if you want to really beef up your steering.

TylerZ281500

Yukon Ridin High
Reaction score
the way to make heim joints last in a DD situation is use covers for them, speedway has those too. i wouldnt waste my time on squarebody 1 ton rod ends tbh

Ffrh911

Reaction score
What the F$*k. Ruff stuff told me to call them back with the thread size and pitch because they couldn't look up the info. So I did. Then I was told they don't even carry that thread side and that I needed to call rod end supply.....

I found another post on here when looking for parts numbers and the guy said use 1 ton tie rod end.

Why wouldn't you waste your time on the 1 ton rod ends? They seem extremely beefy and they have covers already on them with grease fittings. Just trying to learn.

TylerZ281500

Yukon Ridin High
Reaction score
ive broken em just as easy as 1/2 ton stuff and its still the same type wear item, your not gonna match threads at the sleeve if thats your goal? youll need the two pack of heims and misalignmenets from them and some DOM tubing+welder