1 More Week

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RHamill

Ryan
Reaction score
thats a really good deal but aint tread wrights recaps? I heard you cannot run recaps or retreads on the front for risk of it coming off. My old man worked at the local goodyear tire shop for years as a service manager and he said you could not use the recaps on the front of the 18 wheelers and in most cases on the drive wheels either, but trailers were fine to use them on.

Is it the same for passenger cars/trucks?

I told the lady at Tread Wright about the legality of running retreads on the front of vehicles in Michigan, and I don't know if she understood clearly but she knows I drive a Chevy K1500, and she said you can run re-treads on the front of commercial vehicles but not passenger vehicles, what I didn't understand is, is my truck considered a commercial vehicle?

I don't know if I said earlier, but the guy at the tire shop said he can't mount retreads on my truck, but he can at least mount them on the wheel and give them to me.

I will go with the 315s because I like the wide stance from them, and for the price, that's a steal. Especially a 3 year warranty, and people squeezing so many miles out with them. I thought I read like 30-50k.

RHamill

Ryan
Reaction score
They never have inspections in Michigan, and to an unknowing eye, the difference from re-treads and traditional tires is hard to tell, especially with the white letters to the inside. If anyone get's the Warden Treads, get the BF Goodrich side wall, now that will be a hard one to crack from 10 feet away.

Swims350

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I aint worried about inspection I'm worried about why they don't want them on the front lol. Afraid of flinging a tread off on the highway.

a commercial vehicle would be a bus or maybe taxi, cop car, semi etc. passenger vehicle is trucks, cars suv's and such. or you could say anything that requires you to have a CDL to drive it.

eck95z71

Hightech Redneck
Reaction score
In nebraska any truck is considered either a commerical or farm truck, could this be a loop hole? hrmmmm

dcZ71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Mine got registered first as commercial, yearly registration and taxes are way higher. I said screw that and went to the dmv and got normal plates.