1 More Week

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RHamill

Ryan
Reaction score
Welp, since I got called in to work last Tuesday and I'm working 10 hour days 5 days a week, I can finally get a Body Lift, I know there's a body lift thread, but I'd really like to post this here because I might have certain questions that I won't have the time to dig for when needed.

I'm probably going to get the Zone 3" since its only $191.95, and has all the essentials, steering extension, filler neck extension, front bumper relocator, fan shroud relocator. Why is the PA 3" more expensive?

Thanks to Jcro61 who has helped me with A LOT of my questions already, I have one dilemma though,

Currently I have 265/75r15's on 16x8 with 0mm offset, Obviously with a total of 5 inches of lift (that's including my 2" BDS blocks and crank) I don't want the stock sized tires, so I have been doing a LOT of research in TreadWrights and am most definetly going with those, but here's my issue, I wanted 305/70R16's but Treadwright has 1 tread.. and well, you be the judge..

You must be registered for see images

So then I figured with 3" body and 2" blocks and crank I could do some 315/75R16's so I looked at the Guard Dogs which is my favorite tread by Tread Wright.

But then I figured, it's winter, and I have 3.73's and I drive 66 miles round trip for work everyday, so maybe 285/75R16s with that much lift might not look all that bad..

Comments, questions, opinions are greatly appreciated.

Last edited:

jcro61

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The last picture looks like my bfgs. I have 33x12.5 with 5" of lift and I think it looks good. I also have 3:73s and I think they are a good match for the 33s. I get better has mileage than with stock size and I have no acceleration problems.

As far as which brand etc to use beats the hell out of me

RHamill

Ryan
Reaction score
The last picture looks like my bfgs. I have 33x12.5 with 5" of lift and I think it looks good. I also have 3:73s and I think they are a good match for the 33s. I get better has mileage than with stock size and I have no acceleration problems.

As far as which brand etc to use beats the hell out of me

I wish they had that BFG tread in a 305/70r16, but that tread is only on the 285's and smaller for Tread Wright, I decided after reading the Whole BL thread, that I'm going with 35's :)

RHamill

Ryan
Reaction score
The last ones last a hella long time...

I talked to a guy at Tire Wholesale about putting Retreads on the front of my truck and I already knew it was illegal in Michigan, but I asked if he can at least put them on my 4 wheels and give them to me, he said he can get away with it, but Ive heard of people getting them BFG treads and BFG cases and tire guys not even realizing the difference :lol:

jb034

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
First of all, shop around on craigslist, ebay, and all of these chevy forums and then shop some more. I found my 2" PA BL on fsc for 90 bucks, NEVER OPENED!

And for tires, What type of rim do you have? I would personally go with the 305/70/16 backbone. Its IMO the perfect size for 5" of lift and its not going to be that big of a difference from the 285/75/16 (commute wise) I think the 35s will hurt you at the gas pump. Plus I don't see anything wrong with the 305's tread, I happen to like it

RHamill

Ryan
Reaction score
First of all, shop around on craigslist, ebay, and all of these chevy forums and then shop some more. I found my 2" PA BL on fsc for 90 bucks, NEVER OPENED!

And for tires, What type of rim do you have? I would personally go with the 305/70/16 backbone. Its IMO the perfect size for 5" of lift and its not going to be that big of a difference from the 285/75/16 (commute wise) I think the 35s will hurt you at the gas pump. Plus I don't see anything wrong with the 305's tread, I happen to like it

Yeah I agree with you on the BL searching, Ebay is how I got a great deal on my headlight covers, and super fast shipping from that one particular seller. But the backbones just look a little too "re tready" if you will. The Guard Dogs have a little more definition on the top of the side wall and the Wardens are just like BFGs and those tires are known to be one of the best A/T tires around. If they had the Wardens in 305's I would do it in a heartbeat. I'll need to see a little more pictures of the Backbone on some other tires before I change my mind, I did see 1 member on here with them but his truck sat like a see-saw and the lighting didn't help the matter.

Thanks for the opinion, I appreciate everyones!

eck95z71

Hightech Redneck
Reaction score
Those rims look awesome on obs IMO..I run 285 bfg's and if the retreads ride anything like the originals, bet your ass i'm gettin me some of them!