1.5" or 2" Body Lift

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BowtieBrody

Jesus Murphy!
Reaction score
I'm running 285s on about an inch of crank and some trimming, personally I'd prefer to crank and trim versus putting on a body lift;

I run 285s with a simple crank up front. They only rub when the wheel is turned and suspension compressed, but that hardly ever happens. That said, I'd really like to fit some 305s and a 4" lift.

Honestly if I were you I'd turn the K1500 into a toy/nice weather driver, 4" lift and 305s like you said sounds about perfect.

98chevy2500SS

Specializes in Accessories 101
Reaction score
Yeah I was thinking about cranking, but for some reason gotta figure out why they are maxed out, yet I have a rake. hmm... Since the 3/4 ton conversion, can't figure out what the problem is, don't know if the keys are not in the right place or if they are, most likely not. That's kind of why I am leaning towards a body lift in the future.

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Oh, OK that was you. You didn't have to screw with lower arm mounts, right? Just uppers? You do 3/4 ton bars as well? My dually is fairly decranked and sits about as high on 29" tires as my 1500 does cranked on 285s so IMO you should not be fully cranked and still having clearance issues.

98chevy2500SS

Reaction score
Nope, lowers went in no problem, uppers were the ones you have to cut and move. The top rear mount you had to move back, since the upper control arm is wider than a half-ton.

Yep, 3/4 ton bars.

I am thinking we might have installed them wrong, don't know, but we tried a couple different ways to get the keys in and it looks like they are in the right way. It's weird how my truck has a rake, yet the keys are maxed. Something I might have to look into when it gets closer to summer. It does ride kind of rougher than it did as a half-ton though, which was to be expected. Though, I'd think it would ride pretty rough with the keys maxed out wouldn't it? The truck does sag in the front with a plow on, probably a good 2 inches, so the keys must be installed wrong...

98chevy2500SS

Reaction score
Yes it does have the 2500 leafs, 5 of them on each side I believe.

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
5 plus overload? I would think it'd sit level, not raked with crank. The whole truck is lighter than a 2500, so I would think its pitch would still mimic that of the 2500.

BowtieBrody

Jesus Murphy!
Reaction score
Could it be the bars or keys you installed are just wore out?

Out of curiosity, did you have any trouble getting everything lined up when you cut for the 3/4 UCAs?

98chevy2500SS

Reaction score
5 plus overload? I would think it'd sit level, not raked with crank. The whole truck is lighter than a 2500, so I would think its pitch would still mimic that of the 2500.
No, 5 total.

Could it be the bars or keys you installed are just wore out?

Out of curiosity, did you have any trouble getting everything lined up when you cut for the 3/4 UCAs?
That could be a possibility. It rides fine though.

Not a whole lot of trouble, just slid the the upper control arm in the front mount and put the back mount in, tack welded it so we could remove the arm and weld the rest of mount shut and on the frame. An issue we ran into was the shocks, had to move the lower control arm shock mount so that it could work. Got half-ton front shocks since the people thought it was a 2500 LD. After that, the hubs went on fine and everything lined up as it should.

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Front shocks are all the same from Bilstein, only the rears differ. 8 lugs had a 5+1 pack, so your truck might just be right after all with the LD2500/HD1500 pack out back. Normal 1500 was 3+1.