09 Tahoe

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dr.Zoom

Hi Tech Redneck
Reaction score
Top name choice at the moment is "Thirsty". I was pretty spirited with my driving today and holy f it drinks some gas.

Dr.Zoom

Hi Tech Redneck
Reaction score
I put a new battery in. The one in there is over 4 years old and the first night i had it, the battery died after having the doors open for about 20 minutes with the dome light on and i had a couple times yesterday when the radio would cut off and i got some warnings on the dash. I'm actually glad because now I have a known good fresh battery to start off owning this on the right foot. I drove it around today and no more electronic issues.

Hopefully that settles any issues with it for now and I can get to changing engines on the 400s.

98BlackSierra

Lifelong Chevy Owner
Reaction score
Looks good. I vote for leveling kit, running board removal and a larger size all terrain tire.

Dr.Zoom

Hi Tech Redneck
Reaction score
I ordered some wind deflectors, new headlights, a set of weathertech liners and a wireless fast charger for my phone.​

Dr.Zoom

Hi Tech Redneck
Reaction score
I installed the floor liners, deflectors and have been using the wireless fast charging pad for my phone. I'm trying to figure a place I like it and hopefully can do something clever to wire it and blend it into the interior.

I'm really liking being able to just put my phone down on it and charge without having to plug and unplug it and have a wire tied to it. I also put on a steering wheel cover.

I just finished swapping the headlights the headlights.

I'm planning to swap the wheels and tires from my suburban with it. I think both of them would look tougher with the other one's wheels. The suburban has 15-current 18" wheels with the same tire size as the Tahoe and tpms sensors so the swap should be pretty straightforward. I'll have to live with mismatched center cap emblems for a while until I get some.

BerHntr

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Not the best video but I'd go this route myself

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Dr.Zoom

Hi Tech Redneck
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images

GarrettGmc

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I'll be watching how you do the wireless charging. I really want to do the same. What type of floor liners did you pick up

Dr.Zoom

Hi Tech Redneck
Reaction score
Liners are weathertech. I'll get some pictures later today. I'm going to detail it and get some pics.

My issue with the phone is that mine won't fit in that spot on top of the console lid so it's not going to be as easy.

Dr.Zoom

Hi Tech Redneck
Reaction score
I wouldn't call it detailed yet but it's washed, tires cleaned, some protectant applied to the black plastic parts, ...

So since I got it I've tinted the front windows, added the mats, changed the headlight assemblies and added the vent visors.