06 gmt800 front seats in my 95 gmt400

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

eg30.06

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
title says it, anyone done it have pictures. how much of a job is it? thanks their 40 20 40 seats out of a 06 2500 going into my 95 reg cab.

LordFinesse

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
im unsure of what exact seats you have in mind to do the swap, i have these older gmt400 sub/tahoe seats in my 93 like this
You must be registered for see images attach

Reaction score
oddly enough, I just done this last night.

THE CONSOLE/JUMPSEAT should be installed first with the back of the seat up so it will have adequate travel room when needed.

1. Take an air hammer and push the gas tank humps in the floor pan toward the back of the cab as far as you can get it (about 3-4").
2. All the pushing of the metal will usually create an "upward" hump in the metal, if it' not a big deal to you just leave it alone. If it bothers you, you can push it back down with the air hammer. (its under the carpet and behind the seat of a reg cab, no one will see it.
3. Slide the inner seat rail (the TOP one closest to the console) all the way back and take a grinder or Sawzall and cut it at a 45 degree angle from the end top to bottom. (DO THIS ON BOTH SEATS)
4. Place the bolt of your choice in the inner seat tracks and put a couple of tack welds around them to hold them in place, because once they are positioned in a regular cab there isn't enough seat travel to expose the bolt holes for installation.
5. after all the holes are drilled and all that is left is to bolt them in and enjoy.... take the time to pull the carpet up and spray some spray paint (or something) around the your holes, so they don't rust......and remember all that REQUIRED pounding you did your floor pan to make room???? It chipped a ton of paint off (usually to bare metal) so spray it too.

NOTE!!! These seats weren't designed for this truck.... having said that... a little known secret about the OBS trucks is that the trans tunnel isn't center in the cab as it appears to be..... the factory seat brackets for OBS trucks do a great job of hiding this, but unless you plan to build all new brackets for all three pieces (which would be a nightmare) you will have seats that sit closer to the passenger side of the truck. When you finish this project with the NBS seat brackets you will have 2-3" of clearance between the driver seat and door, but the passenger side will be touching slightly.

All in all, the off-centered seats do bug me to an extent, but not enough to build custom brackets for all of it to be perfect. The seats are amazing upgrade though, especially in a 5-spd truck that came with a bench seat. I love them.

Reaction score
I'm at work, it'll be tonight before I can take pics. I don't have mine bolted in yet, everything is clearanced, and where it needs to be. I don't plan on bolting mine in for a while. the truck is in the process of being prepped for paint, after all that is done I have new carpet waiting to go in, so I'll do all that at once. It went in the garage 3 weeks ago as a stock RCSB v8 5spd 4x4, stepside. When it emerges it's gonna be lifted 9-10" with 20"x12" 35s with a slick black paint job with rhino-lining at the bottom, a new interior with power everything, and a fleetside bed. probably be June before it sees the sunshine again. Don't worry, I am taking pics as I go and i'll be doing a build thread.

Steve352

Reaction score
im unsure of what exact seats you have in mind to do the swap, i have these older gmt400 sub/tahoe seats in my 93 like this
You must be registered for see images attach

Are you still on here? Is that a ford center console jump seat? How did it mount in?

brianmcb

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Are you still on here? Is that a ford center console jump seat? How did it mount in?
That looks like the factory console to me

95 rcsb, L33 5.3, hot cam, frost tune, 5spd, 4/6