Maybe the t-case?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DGA1

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I have a little thump from under the driver side floor board when taking off from a stand still. My rear drive shaft u-joints are good, so is the center support. I've not checked the front drive shaft, but from my understanding it should not turn when in 2-Hi. Anything come to mind?

DGA1

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
With no lift, slightly bigger tires than stock - 265/75/16 vs 245/75/15 stock - taking off from a stop with light throttle in 2-HI? If so, something is seriously wrong here.

Blue95

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
does it do it when you put it in reverse? mine has a little thump and it just seems normal to me.

DGA1

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Not that I've heard. But definitely going forward. It's just one, and only starting from dead stop.

DGA1

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Maybe, but I'm not sure why it would thump. I noticed there is a lot more caked dirt around the driver side CV as I was bleeding the brakes last night. I should check the booth a lot more closely.

97__Z71

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well I had a thump coming from the same area but it would only do it 4wd until the CV shaft got to be so bad that it did it in 2wd too.

DGA1

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Well I had a thump coming from the same area but it would only do it 4wd until the CV shaft got to be so bad that it did it in 2wd too.

Interesting. I'll crawl under there and give it a good look. Thanks.

try removing the rear driveshaft and greasing the slipyoke.

Good point, thanks! Now that you mentioned it I read that somewhere a while back.