Autotrac to stick transfercase

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mschaffer92

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The question that I have is, will a transfer case from an older obs with the stick transfer case fit into my 1997 sierra 1/2 ton with autotrac so i could start putting together my sas kit? I have a 4l60e if that is needed.

Mschaffer92

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Can anyone help me with this idea that I want to do. I want to get rid of my autotrac. And I want to put a transfercase from an older obs. But I have no idea which one to put in and what to get it from. Because it seems that every lift that I want is for non autotrac. And would much rather have the stick style transfercase. So any help or someone to refer me to get to find out.

bggrnchvy

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yes, a 241 from any 4l60e equiped GMT400 will bolt up to your 60e.

Not sure if the VSS on a GMT400 246 is 3 wire like the GMT800's or not though. You may need to rewire the pigtail.

Mschaffer92

I'm Awesome
Reaction score

Not sure if the VSS on a GMT400 246 is 3 wire like the GMT800's or not though. You may need to rewire the pigtail.

Would i also need the front driveshaft as well and would go directly into my front diff?

outalne94z71

Bouncing Truck Maker
Reaction score

no, it is 2 wire purple/white trace and lt green/black trace

bggrnchvy

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Most driver drop 241's have a long output shaft with a flange, as opposed to the internal slip yoke the 246 uses on the front output.

It will be easiest to grab a driveshaft from the 241 equiped truck as your current driveshaft has no mid mounted slip and the 241 shaft will.

Mschaffer92

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Sweet thanks alot bggreen this will help alot now that i actually know what im looking for. The other thing that just poped into my mind is there any type of gearing that i need to worry about inside the tcase?