Autotrac T-Case

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Hezsus

Mr. Truck
Reaction score
So i'm looknig at buying a partes truck (tahoe). Are the autotrac tcases able to be put into a regular 4x4 1500 without much hassle or are there many diferent things. I've never seen under a 98 tahoe to know.

LoudnLifted88

Small Block Grim Reaper
Reaction score
i dont think there is a difference but they work because i have a tranny and transfer in my 98 out of a 97 tahoe

Hezsus

Mr. Truck
Reaction score
with or withour the autotrac option?
I'll have to correct myself also its out of a yukon not a tahoe. dont know if that makes a diference

Hezsus

Mr. Truck
Reaction score
Auto 4x4. the trucks never had it but some on the hoes and burbs did. it'll automatically engage 4x4 if you start spinning basically.
A neat feature I think. Thats why your pushbutton 4x4 has an 'empty' spot, the suv's have an autotrac button there

BURBAN GUY

Redneck Rolls
Reaction score
The transfer cases are totally diiferent. Autotrac has more electronics on it for the auto ingage. I know the harness are different. So no they are not easily inerchangable with a regular transfer case sorry.