transfer case advice

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

chevyboy1992

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
ok guys i have a 95 z71 with a 4l60e thansmission and a np241 transfer case.i was told i could swap over to a 2500 t-case and idk what the np243 would do any better than my np241? any suggestions or opinions what would the 243 do for me???

JollyGreen

Metalworking Madman
Reaction score
Pretty sure the 2500 used the same t-cases as the 1500. Only difference between the two is the 243 is an electric (push button) version of the 241.

chevyboy1992

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
ok i didnt see a difference in the size and weight of the two i just never busted one open to see the internals.my t-case is original.im just trying to have a strong drivetrain

chevyboy1992

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
ok guys i need the seal that goes between the transmission and the transfer case it has six bolts its in the rear of the extension housing not the ring on the front with 4 bolts it has the 6 bolts what is that gasket or seal called???? i need it to get the tranny and case back in the truck.please and thank you i appreciate the help guys

92Sierra

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
ok guys i need the seal that goes between the transmission and the transfer case it has six bolts its in the rear of the extension housing not the ring on the front with 4 bolts it has the 6 bolts what is that gasket or seal called???? i need it to get the tranny and case back in the truck.please and thank you i appreciate the help guys

Are you looking for the gasket that goes on this part of transfer case?
You must be registered for see images attach

if you are, you could just use RTV gasket maker. just clean the surfaces well, more RTV is better than not enough.

chevyboy1992

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
yes.i couldnt find it so i got some red silocone gasket maker and globbed it on the extension housing and put it together and cleaned out the glob that went inside but its all good

Butch

I'm awesomeR!
Reaction score

I don't have the part number on me and it wouldn't do you much good but as reference for others my local dealership had the gasket in stock for ~$9 and it is directional so make sure it is on right before mounting the t-case or your gasket will be in the way of you making all of your bolts. Just as a tip I use a Hi-tack 3M aerosol glue to hold my gaskets in place for installations like this. I'll post the part number at a later time.