Transfer Case Gasket?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Loss4wrds

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I will be pulling my NP241 this weekend to replace it with a reman unit. Is there a gasket or seal between the 4L60E and the transfer case? Do you just use some RVT gasket maker or what?
Thanks

Loss4wrds

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
went to the dealership on lunch and there is a gasket, was told to dab a little silicone on each side to hold it in place while you stab it on the transmission and line up the bolts.

JonZ71

Right Meow
Reaction score
i used both for holding it in place, but i kept it on the stud side and slid it in

Swims350

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
my 241 to 700r4 has a rubber flat o-ring to seal the cases together, then used a seal to seal the input shaft to the trans output.

rhino

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I use just the gasket, but rtv, gasket, pretty much any combo will work. While you have it apart you prolly should go ahead and change the input seal on the transfer case. You can take a small screwdriver and move the rubber a little, if it cracks change it, if it moves softly its ok. If it leaks, it will leak transmission fluid into the transfer case and you won't really realize it because it won't leak onto the ground until the transfer case vents it out.