205 on 4L80?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Does anyone know if a 32 spline NP 205 will bolt up to the 4L80E? I'm debating on putting a 454/80 into my '80 k20 suburban... If anyone has done it, or has any input I would appreciate it.

Trevor

bggrnchvy

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Depends on what output the 80e has, what what bp the 205 is, and whether you have the 2wd reluctor ring installed, a 205 with VSS (91 only) or a signal generator for the 80e.

Reaction score
It's a 4wd 80 from another truck I have... The 205 is in the Burban behind a TH400, and I think it should work if I can run the tranny... Maybe standalone or a full manual valve body setup? I was just going to use the speedo cable that is there in the T case. The only reason I'm debating this is to run the BBC with the 4.10's. It's getting 35x14.50 boggers and the poor lil 350 has lived a good life but must retire. I might try out a carbed LS in front of the TH400 as I would like to keep the BBC and straight axle the other truck... Best advice I ever heard was "One project at a time" wish I would've listened, lol... Thanks for the reply your truck is a bit of inspiration for me to tell you the truth, You are on FSC too if I remember right?