1/2T NP241 to 1T BW4401

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

woody80z28

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I just swapped a BW4401 in my 1/2 ton along with the NV4500 (all from a 1T donor truck of the same year). All the plugs fit together perfect, although one connector had 3 wires in my truck, and only 2 pins on the tcase. There is also one wire connector on the tcase unplugged because I have nothing to plug in to it.

Now when I put the truck in 4WD the actuator light does not come on. (It is still on jackstands, so I haven't tested to see if the actuator is actually not engaging...but I'm betting not.

Any idea what the problem could be?

woody80z28

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
According to this diagram, the loose wire is for the "clutch coil." Not sure it does, but I probably need to wire it in some how.

Anyone have a wiring diagram for a 95 K3500 5spd?

You must be registered for see images attach

woody80z28

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I just checked it on the jackstands and 4HI does nothing, 4LO the driveshaft spins, but the front axle does not engage.

TruckinAin4Sissies

L.E.D. Whisperer
Reaction score
Here you go.

If you need to know what a specific # is- let me know and I'll do my best.

FYI: I've almost maxed-out my monthly allowance, so be sure to save those images.

woody80z28

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Thanks man!

#7 in both those diagrams are the point of interest. I need to know what to do with that 1-wire connector. Ground? 12v? Switched 12v when 4wd engaged?

Edit: and that was a typo earlier...it's a 94 K3500 if that makes any difference.

TruckinAin4Sissies

L.E.D. Whisperer
Reaction score
This little guy?

CONNECTOR,INLINE-TO TRFER CASE SHFT CONT HARN(ACDelco #PT517)

That's all the info I could get. Hope it helps!

woody80z28

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yup. Swapped the NP switch to the BW and wired the clutch coil connector to the 4WD on circuit that goes to the actuator. I also wired in a switch to that wire before the front axle actuator and now I have 2LO. When the switch is closed it functions as stock. Flip the switch and shift to 4LO and you actually have 2LO and the 4x4 light does not come on. Kinda handy with the 5spd at times when you need to creep.

Pic of the switch:
You must be registered for see images

tmitchell91

Reaction score
I did the same exact thing in my truck .....just ran the wires to a toggle on my dash works great especially with the nv4500 and low gear